Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Shaving Privates Causes Wreck. 
    FHP: Driver lacked razor-sharp focus
    BY ADAM LINHARDT Citizen Staff
    alinhardt@keysnews.com

As authorities nationwide warn motorists of the dangers of driving while texting, Florida Keys law enforcement officers add a new caution: Don't try to shave your privates, either.

Florida Highway Patrol troopers say a two-vehicle crash Tuesday at Mile Marker 21 on Cudjoe Key was caused by a 37-year-old woman driver who was shaving her bikini area while her ex-husband took the wheel from the passenger seat.

"She said she was meeting her boyfriend in Key West and wanted to be ready for the visit," Trooper Gary Dunick said. "If I wasn't there, I wouldn't have believed it. About 10 years ago I stopped a guy in the exact same spot ... who had three or four syringes sticking out of his arm. It was just surreal and I thought, 'Nothing will ever beat this.' Well, this takes it."

If that weren't enough, Megan Mariah Barnes was not supposed to be driving and her 1995 Ford Thunderbird was not supposed to be on the road.

The day before the wreck, Barnes was convicted in an Upper Keys court of DUI with a prior and driving with a suspended license, said Monroe County Assistant State Attorney Colleen Dunne. Barnes was ordered to impound her car, and her driver's license was revoked for five years, after which time she must have a Breathalyzer ignition interlock device on any vehicle she drives, Dunne said. Barnes also was sentenced to nine months' probation.

Barnes and Charles Judy were southbound in her Thunderbird at 11 a.m. when they slammed into the back of a 2006 Chevrolet pickup driven by David Schoff of Palm Bay. His passengers were a man and two women; the latter were treated for minor injuries at Lower Keys Medical Center, FHP spokesman Alex Annunziato said.
    Key News

I'm glad her and the ex still get along. :D

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    I'm glad her and the ex still get along. :D
    If they were still getting along, why didn't she just let him do the work?
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    If they were still getting along, why didn't she just let him do the work?
    He had to steer!

Missed the Darwin by that much

What happened to common sense?
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

They were headed to Key West and that is all the explanation that I need.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Woman are always messing with their hair while they drive.

Whattaya know, lurkalot's real name is Megan Mariah Barnes.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Whattaya know, lurkalot's real name is Megan Mariah Barnes.
    Now JB, don't going saying something rash....um....
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

10. #10 Florida woman crashes shaving bikini area 
    Sonnabend
    http://www.news.com.au/weird-true-fr...-1225838500308

A WOMAN who shaved her bikini area while driving caused a car crash in Florida Keys, prompting police to issue fresh warnings about safe driving.MyFox National reported today Megan Mariah Barnes, 37, crashed into another vehicle on Cudjoe Key after giving her ex-husband the wheel as she shaved her private parts. Barnes was driving to meet her boyfriend in Key West and told authorities she wanted to be "ready for the visit," WJZ.com reported.

But Florida Highway Trooper Gary Dunick was not surprised when he came to the scene of the crash. Dunick has had some crazy experiences pulling over drivers but said "If I wasn't there, I wouldn't have believed it. About 10 years ago I stopped a guy in the exact same spot ... who had three or four syringes sticking out of his arm. It was just surreal and I thought, 'Nothing will ever beat this.' Well, this takes it."

Barnes crashed into the back of a 2006 Chevrolet truck being driven by David Schoff, KeysNews.com reported. Schoff had slowed down to make a right hand turn when Barnes's 1995 Thunderbird hit it at 72km/h - within the speed limit. FHP spokesman Alex Annunziato said that Barnes then allegedly drove a kilometre further down the road where she switched seats with her ex-husband Charles Judy so that it looked like she had not been driving.

Dunick said that Judy had burns from the passenger side air bag that proved he had not been in the driverís seat. The air bag in the driverís seat had not deployed. Barnes should not have been driving in the first place. The day before the accident, she had been convicted and sentenced to nine months of probation for DUI and driving with a suspended licence.

Her licence was revoked for five years and she was ordered to get her car impounded. Dunick said, "My phone has been ringing off the hook all day, and I know there's a funny side to this, but it's also deadly serious. This is a scary road and a lot of bad wrecks are caused by dumb stuff like this. It is unbelievable. I'm really starting to believe this stuff only happens in the Keys."
    Is it something in the water...? :D