Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    I wanna buy Orrex a beer.

:D
    I also found that funny as hell. I'm going to enjoy my mini vacation from work. . .it's funny how the conservative board has an exotic dancer on it, but those paragons of tolerance doesn't have anyone even close. :p

But yeah, I'm studying to be a teacher too...*facepalm*, anyone else feeling the futility of education courses?

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Yes,l we knew that already, but what do you do for a LIVING?
    Alright so the people on this forum have an awful trite sense of humor...but this...this made me laugh out loud.

Sonnabend
    Alright so the people on this forum have an awful trite sense of humor...but this...this made me laugh out loud.
    Don't like?

Don't read.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
    He could always get a job with the Detroit School Board. This was an email sent by Otis Mathis, President of the Detroit School Board. Mr. Mathis admits he has a problem with English. He actually had to sue his college to have them drop their English requirements so he could graduate.

That's actually a really good article that sums up a lot of the problems with DPS. It doesn't really trash Mathis on a personal level, either, it just puts everything out there.

The teachers right now are all upset about something Robert Bobb (the governor's appointed watchdog for the district) is about to do-it might be the school closings. The teachers are dragging the parents into it, which is one of those things I hate about teachers' unions. There's some big meeting the teachers are having with the community today.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Don't like?

Don't read.
    What? No see I was saying it was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    That's actually a really good article that sums up a lot of the problems with DPS. It doesn't really trash Mathis on a personal level, either, it just puts everything out there.

The teachers right now are all upset about something Robert Bobb (the governor's appointed watchdog for the district) is about to do-it might be the school closings. The teachers are dragging the parents into it, which is one of those things I hate about teachers' unions. There's some big meeting the teachers are having with the community today.
    BTW, I wasn't taking a shot at Mathis when I posted this. It wouldn't be right to attack him on this shortcoming. With that said, it must be a huge embarrassment to a number of people within the school system every time this man opens his mouth or picks up a pen. :o
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Sonnabend
    What? No see I was saying it was funny.
    Only thing trite here is you.

Sod off, swampy.

Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    I also found that funny as hell. I'm going to enjoy my mini vacation from work. . .it's funny how the conservative board has an exotic dancer on it, but those paragons of tolerance doesn't have anyone even close. :p

But yeah, I'm studying to be a teacher too...*facepalm*, anyone else feeling the futility of education courses?

~QC
    I always advise people who want to go into education to get their bachelors in their content subject and then get a masters in education. You're right though - my education courses were the most worthless ones I took. They required the least in effort, in rigor, and have by and large been useless to me in the classroom. The only thing I got out of most of them were great arguments with my profs and my fellow student. :D
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    I always advise people who want to go into education to get their bachelors in their content subject and then get a masters in education. You're right though - my education courses were the most worthless ones I took. They required the least in effort, in rigor, and have by and large been useless to me in the classroom. The only thing I got out of most of them were great arguments with my profs and my fellow student. :D
    I'm getting too old to be stuck in school for too much longer. I have enough "extra courses" in History/Theatre/Art/English that I potentially could teach any of these on their own. I just need the bullshit courses that show what my momma, my co-workers, my boyfriend and everyone short of God Himself knows.

But the argument part sounds fun. :D

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.