Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Our health care system is soooo bad that government officials from socialized medicine countries come here for their medical treatments.
    Our system is good if you have an incredible amount of money. For everyone else it's awful.

Say a large city has 1 really exceptional High School, top programs available, excellent teachers, small class size, the works. The other 9 schools in the district are awful substandard schools (the sort of you think of when you think of "failing inner-city school"). Would you call that city's school district great because "lots of rich kids from other cities come here to attend our good school"?

Come on, think a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    Which are generally irrelevant - or don't mean what you think they mean!!

Deaths due to emphesema is more likely do to factors OTHER than healthcare - perhaps something like smoking or occupation??? Did you ever THINK instead of parrot??

We can go one by one if you like - but they are all baloney.
    Are you suggesting that other countries smoke cigarettes less than we do? lol

ok let's go one by one, I'd love to hear it.

Here's a link showing smoking stats by country:

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/he...e-males-adults

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Our system is good if you have an incredible amount of money. For everyone else it's awful.

Say a large city has 1 really exceptional High School, top programs available, excellent teachers, small class size, the works. The other 9 schools in the district are awful substandard schools (the sort of you think of when you think of "failing inner-city school"). Would you call that city's school district great because "lots of rich kids from other cities come here to attend our good school"?

Come on, think a little.
    And why is that? Where do those who can't afford healthcare get it? I'll give you a hint - the answer is teh gubmint. And if the other 9 schools are terrible - they're gonna be the gubmint skewls.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

And why is that? Where do those who can't afford healthcare get it? I'll give you a hint - the answer is teh gubmint. And if the other 9 schools are terrible - they're gonna be the gubmint skewls.
    People who can't afford healthcare avoid preventative treatment until their illness becomes debilitating then they are forced into emergency rooms where the rest of us, tax payers and even those with their own private insurance, have to pay for them.

The "gumbmint", pays for their healthcare already, using OUR tax money. The smart thing to do would be to reform the system so we get the most bang for our buck, just look at the graphs my man.

I'll bet that all his charts & graphs show the treatments given to illegals. You know, the ones that call 911 after a sneeze...

Wu, you're the one who needs to think.
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

People who can't afford healthcare avoid preventative treatment until their illness becomes debilitating then they are forced into emergency rooms where the rest of us, tax payers and even those with their own private insurance, have to pay for them.

The "gumbmint", pays for their healthcare already, using OUR tax money. The smart thing to do would be to reform the system so we get the most bang for our buck, just look at the graphs my man.
    Those who cannot afford healthcare are on medicare and medicaid. gubmint healthcare. If their healthcare is substandard - blame the gubmint.

Your graphs are incomplete and skewed...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

he smart thing to do would be to reform the system so we get the most bang for our buck
    Which would be to institute tort reform - allow portablility, allow competition, allow coverage to be purchased a la cart . . . .you know - all the things that the GOP is pushing for.

Those who cannot afford healthcare are on medicare and medicaid.
    That's just not true. If this statement was true, there would be no talk at all about expanding coverage because EVERYONE WOULD ALREADY BE COVERED.

gubmint healthcare. If their healthcare is substandard - blame the gubmint.
    The charts provided focus on everyone, not just those on medicare.