Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Instead of cutting and pasting, here is the real reason. The big oil companies are finding it difficult to maintain the same production levels of past quarters. Investors of any stock want to know what the future guidance holds. Guidance usually determines whether a stock will go up or down. Since the production of their product has gone down, the price of their stock has followed.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Senior Member Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tiny Redneck town in Texas
    Posts
    2,054
    Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    Big Oil's biggest quarter ever: $51.5B in all

    We fuckin' deserve it. I fuckin' deserve it. I work hard to keep you happy.

    You want it, we provide it, you're willing and able to pay for it, and we're willing and able to ship it to you, we deserve it, all of it, all of whatever you are willing to pay for it.

    Exploring it, extracting it, shipping it, marketing it ain't cheap any more, and it certainly ain't free. It costs money. We are not charities.

    That's how this works, this thing of ours.

    Last time I checked, it's called capitalism, and it still works.

    When you no longer require oil and gas, let us know.
    Who are you ? Hank Hampshirebrit Salesman of propane and propane accessories, Hank Hills European Cousin :p
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

    It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Senior Member hampshirebrit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    TehYuk
    Posts
    3,727
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Who are you ? Hank Hampshirebrit Salesman of propane and propane accessories, Hank Hills European Cousin :p
    Good rant, innit. :D
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    Exxon: Profit Pirate or Tax Victim?

    The oil giant paid $9.3 billion, or 49% of its first-quarter gross income, in income taxes. Is that enough? Depends on who you talk to snip
    http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/...dStories_ssi_5
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Senior Member Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tiny Redneck town in Texas
    Posts
    2,054
    An interesting tid-bit of information from a letter by economist Don Boudreaux to the New York Post in response to this article in which an analyst claims that American drivers are “getting hosed” because gas prices haven’t dropped as fast as oil prices:
    You favorably quote an analyst’s assertion that “motorists are getting hosed” because prices at the pump have not fallen enough recently to reflect the latest fall in oil prices ("Oil Drop Brings No Relief to the Pump,” August 3).
    Despite your seemingly supportive accompanying graph, this assertion is questionable.
    First, according to the figures in your own graph, oil prices today are 55 percent higher than in late September of 2007 (the starting date in your graph), while gasoline prices today are 57.7 percent higher. As evidence of hosing goes, these figures are very weak indeed.
    Second, if we take a longer time horizon, evidence of hosing disappears completely. In 2004, for example, a gallon of gasoline retailed for about $2.00 while a barrel of oil sold for about $33. Today, oil’s price is higher by 275 percent while gasoline’s price is higher by only 100 percent.
    Sincerely,
    Donald J. Boudreaux
    Funny how public perception, as created by the media, often doesn’t line up at all with reality.
    Last edited by Zeus; 08-06-2008 at 06:27 PM.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

    It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    HR Corporate Scum patriot45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    10,887
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    An interesting tid-bit of information from a letter by economist Don Boudreaux to the New York Post in response to this article in which an analyst claims that American drivers are “getting hosed” because gas prices haven’t dropped as fast as oil prices:

    Funny how public perception, as created by the media, often doesn’t line up at all with reality.
    That is the Liberal Moonbat way! Say it often, say it loud, voila, the truth!

    : “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    TANSTAAFL. asdf2231's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    The greatest country on Earth.
    Posts
    2,619
    Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    Big Oil's biggest quarter ever: $51.5B in all

    We fuckin' deserve it. I fuckin' deserve it. I work hard to keep you happy.

    You want it, we provide it, you're willing and able to pay for it, and we're willing and able to ship it to you, we deserve it, all of it, all of whatever you are willing to pay for it.

    Exploring it, extracting it, shipping it, marketing it ain't cheap any more, and it certainly ain't free. It costs money. We are not charities.

    That's how this works, this thing of ours.

    Last time I checked, it's called capitalism, and it still works.

    When you no longer require oil and gas, let us know.

    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •