1. #1 Another gun-free zone shooting - Ohio State University 
    Sonnabend
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...x300601#300605

gorfle Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Tue Mar-09-10 01:46 PM
    Original message
    Another gun-free zone shooting - Ohio State University

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/03/09/ohio.state.shooting...

Once again people of ill intent disobey the rules about firearms while the victims are helpless to resist.
    And he is 100% right.

spin Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Tue Mar-09-10 04:25 PM
    Response to Reply #32
    34. Well if you want a gun free zone ...

that's probably exactly what you need.

Honest people will not bring firearms into your "gun free" zone, but the bad guys will.
    Yep.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    OMG they showed signs of inteligence over there....

It's kind of nice to see them struggle with the cognitive dissonance when their non-sensical policies come to their tragic and fateful end. Too bad people have to die or get hurt in the process.

It's also too bad that can can't see the forest for the trees and apply these lessons to their other social experiments.

A shooting in a gun free zone is a rather plain and obvious lesson.
    Forty years of the welfare state and its affects on society is much harder for them to see and admit to.
    "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people.
    It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."
    -- John Adams

6. Why, as a

law abiding citizen, with no, zero, criminal history, should I have to register my weapon, and why do I have to prove to the govt. that I am competent to carry a firearm? I've already done that when I got my CCW Permit. Here in the rural part of NV, the local govt and county sheriff trusts it's citizens and we don't have to register our guns. As a matter of fact, we are allowed to carry in our local stores and are welcomed with open arms. All registration does is give the govt a list of who owns firearms and I for one don't trust the govt with that info. Call me paranoid if you want but judging from past experiences with the govt I think we have good reason not to trust them
    33. The bad guys wouldn't "bitch."

They simply wouldn't obey the law. That's the same whether you have no registration at all, or draconian registration of the tenth degree like New York State does. So most people who realize that don't believe in penalizing people who DO obey the law by making them jump through unnecessary hoops which do absolutely nothing to reduce crime or improve safety.

Tell me, if someone needs to apply for a license--with all the fees and paperwork that would go with that--just to take their gun to the range to practice with it, what difference would that make in the level of public safety?
    Dang, the brain cells are firing on all cylinders for once over there. Well, except for this guy:
    46. the most likely victims of gun violence

are the owner of the gun and then someone else in their family.
    Suicide and homocide.
    Reality.
    Oh well, can't hope for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by aerojarod View Post
    It's kind of nice to see them struggle with the cognitive dissonance when their non-sensical policies come to their tragic and fateful end. Too bad people have to die or get hurt in the process.

It's also too bad that can can't see the forest for the trees and apply these lessons to their other social experiments.

A shooting in a gun free zone is a rather plain and obvious lesson.
    Forty years of the welfare state and its affects on society is much harder for them to see and admit to.
    The DUmps gun forum has some normal humans, the only group that does!
    Most DUmp monkeys live next door to someone like this! :D

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

As I always ask, why is it you never hear of a nut shooting up a gun store, NRA convention, biker bar, etc? One of the funniest movie scenes I've ever seen was in the Chuck Norris movie Code of Silence when 2 thugs decide to hold up a bar. Trouble is the bar they chose was a place cops went while off duty.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Sonnabend
    Cant find the link, but two airheads tried to hold up a convention once...of the NRA.

You can tell how THAT ended :D:D