Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 The inherent inequality of our capitalist system. 
    Capitalism does not allow all people to thrive and succeed. It's a system that creates haves and have nots. And there are people who will never be able to get ahead. In fact, just two things will keep people from ever being anything but bums. Those two things are laziness and stupidity.

Either one, by itself, isn't necessarily a bar to success, although either one will certainly make life difficult here in the US for those that desire a high standard of living. Those who happen to be blessed with plentiful amounts of laziness and stupidity, however, are doomed to the most meager existence. And the biggest problem in this country is that somehow we've come to believe there's something wrong with that.

If people want to cling to their laziness and stupidity, they know what they'll get and they should accept that. If they want more, then they're going to have to work on those things a bit or better yet, lose the stupid and lazy altogether. In doing so, they'll lose the bitching about "the man keeping them down", too.

Kay.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Kay.
    New influx! Its about time.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by papabull View Post
    Capitalism does not allow all people to thrive and succeed. It's a system that creates haves and have nots. And there are people who will never be able to get ahead. In fact, just two things will keep people from ever being anything but bums. Those two things are laziness and stupidity.

Either one, by itself, isn't necessarily a bar to success, although either one will certainly make life difficult here in the US for those that desire a high standard of living. Those who happen to be blessed with plentiful amounts of laziness and stupidity, however, are doomed to the most meager existence. And the biggest problem in this country is that somehow we've come to believe there's something wrong with that.

If people want to cling to their laziness and stupidity, they know what they'll get and they should accept that. If they want more, then they're going to have to work on those things a bit or better yet, lose the stupid and lazy altogether. In doing so, they'll lose the bitching about "the man keeping them down", too.
    Well, you got the stupidity part down pat.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Some people never figure it out. Capitalism is works best for everyone - as long as they are not lazy or stupid.

That is something the DUmmies and Dems never quite figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    Some people never figure it out. Capitalism is works best for everyone - as long as they are not lazy or stupid.

That is something the DUmmies and Dems never quite figure out.
    That's a fact. Show me someone who's crying that they can't get ahead; all awash in PMS (poor me syndrome) and I'll show you someone who will not take any advice that involves getting off his ass and fixing his own problems and making his own way.

Show them a route of egress and the first thing they do is start erecting barriers along it.

Advise them to get more education and you hear that they can't afford it. Tell them there are grants and loans for eductation and then they'll explain that they don't have time. Ask them how they can be home sucking down beer every night and not have time for school and they'll tell you to go get fucked.

Tell them to invest their money and they'll tell you they never have any. But they smoke dope, drink beer and watch their sports on a big screen TV.

Tell them to get a second job and then duck, because they'll probably take a swing at you for that.

Get some books and learn a new skill or trade? Fuggetabout it.

Take up a craft that they could eventually turn into a business? Are you kidding me? Too much like work.
    The government cannot give anything to anyone that they did not first take from someone else.

There are inequities in every human system. Most people aren't particularly bright or ambitious although they are able to get through the work day more or less.

The inequities in our system have less to do with ability and drive and a lot more to do with envy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    There are inequities in every human system. Most people aren't particularly bright or ambitious although they are able to get through the work day more or less.

The inequities in our system have less to do with ability and drive and a lot more to do with envy.
    True. The poor people in our country have older cell phones, used cars and maybe only a couple pair of $100.00 plus sneakers. And they have to drink the cheap beer and borrow X-box games from their buddies.
    The government cannot give anything to anyone that they did not first take from someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post

You know, I have NEVER had a job in my profession where I did not rise to the top positions in the company.

I often wonder about the guy who has been a "Senior Software Engineer" for 25 years. And there are lots of them.

rm -rf obama*

Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    You know, I have NEVER had a job in my profession where I did not rise to the top positions in the company.

I often wonder about the guy who has been a "Senior Software Engineer" for 25 years. And there are lots of them.
    Not everyone is ambitious. Most people are content to peg along once they get to a certain point. There's nothing wrong with that but expecting maximum reward for minimum effort is wrong.