Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 68
  1. #11  
    Goldwater
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlMBA View Post
    From an outsiders point of view, this show is negative of our soldiers and our military.
    Freedom has downsides.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    gator
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlMBA View Post
    I appreciate the insight from our military folks. It is helpful. Believe me. But I still don't think they do a good job of portraying our military. When a program like this shows our soldiers mocking "towel heads", even though I am sure it is true sometimes, it does us no good. True or not, this show would only serve to grow hatred of our soldiers. It honestly makes them look like braindead hicks with a bone to pick, and they don't care who gets in the way.

    But I am of the belief that war does not belong on TV. Not live on the news networks or satorialized on HBO. War is hell, and the media does not need to be involved. If you want to see it, go enlist. That is the way I look at it. The media picks and chooses what they want to show, and they do a great job of picking the worst things.

    When Al Jazeera shows clips from CNN's embedded reporters, you know something is wrong.

    From an outsiders point of view, this show is negative of our soldiers and our military.
    I'll give you a clue on something; our troops called the Iraqis "towel heads". In Vietnam we called the Vietnamese "gooks". WWII had its name for both the Germans and the Japs.

    It is real life.

    War is not a politically correct Hollywood production.

    If you are going to have a realistic portrayal of military life you will have beaucoup politically incorrect language and actions.

    If you are offended then don't watch it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Senior Member LibraryLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,748
    DU has a thread about it:
    trumad Donating Member (1000+ posts)Sun Aug-03-08 10:56 PM
    Original message
    It won't be long before the ChickenHawks will be blasting HBO's Generation Kill.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Senior Member OwlMBA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    America
    Posts
    757
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    DU has a thread about it:
    I read about Generation Kill at DU. They love it! I wonder why that is...
    **** Obama and **** you too.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Springfield, USA
    Posts
    16,747
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlMBA View Post
    I read about Generation Kill at DU. They love it! I wonder why that is...
    Any chance to bash the troops, "Hollywood" or not, the DUmp is all over it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Senior Member marinejcksn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Penn State
    Posts
    1,820
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    I'll give you a clue on something; our troops called the Iraqis "towel heads". In Vietnam we called the Vietnamese "gooks". WWII had its name for both the Germans and the Japs.

    It is real life.

    War is not a politically correct Hollywood production.

    If you are going to have a realistic portrayal of military life you will have beaucoup politically incorrect language and actions.

    If you are offended then don't watch it.
    OORAH gator. Thank God people understand what war really is. It isn't glamourous or pretty or nice. It's certainly not "P.C" no matter how bad the country wants our Generals to wear pink boots and play nice war games. We can either have highly trained, professional killers or a bunch of servicemen trained to use "lesser force" against an enemy that would just as soon strap a bomb to their own child as fast as look in your direction: take your pick.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    Senior Member OwlMBA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    America
    Posts
    757
    Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn View Post
    OORAH gator. Thank God people understand what war really is. It isn't glamourous or pretty or nice. It's certainly not "P.C" no matter how bad the country wants our Generals to wear pink boots and play nice war games. We can either have highly trained, professional killers or a bunch of servicemen trained to use "lesser force" against an enemy that would just as soon strap a bomb to their own child as fast as look in your direction: take your pick.

    And the raping and deliberate murder of innocent civilians, followed by a laugh as portrayed in generation kill? Is that all part of it too?

    Trust me, all that show is doing is hurting people's opinion of the military. We expect you to cuss, we expect you to use slurs, but that show goes WAY beyond that to things that nobody wants our military doing. They make it look like murdering civies and the like is common.
    **** Obama and **** you too.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    Eyelids
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlMBA View Post
    Trust me, all that show is doing is hurting people's opinion of the military.
    So what? It shouldn't be allowed to be aired? Fuck off you censorship goon.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    Senior Member OwlMBA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    America
    Posts
    757
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    So what? It shouldn't be allowed to be aired? Fuck off you censorship goon.
    Of course it should. But Generation Kill does for the military what "The First 48" on A&E does for the black community.
    **** Obama and **** you too.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    Senior Member LibraryLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,748
    eyeballs has a better chance of being on The First 48 than any war movie.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •