Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Sean Penn Wants Reporters Jailed for Calling Chavez 'Dictator' 
    March 08, 2010
    FOXNews.com

If Oscar-winning actor Sean Penn had his way, any journalist who called Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez a dictator would quickly find himself behind bars.

First Amendment be damned . . . If Oscar-winning actor Sean Penn had his way, any journalist who called Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez a dictator would quickly find himself behind bars.

Penn, appearing on HBO's "Real Time with Bill Maher" on Friday, defended Chavez during a segment in which he detailed his work with the JP Haitian Relief Organization, which he co-founded.

"Every day, this elected leader is called a dictator here, and we just accept it, and accept it" said Penn, winner of two Best Actor Academy Awards. "And this is mainstream media, who should -- truly, there should be a bar by which one goes to prison for these kinds of lies."

It was just the beginning of a busy weekend for Penn. When asked on CBS' "Sunday Morning" about those who question his motives for his humanitarian work in Haiti, he said:

"Do I hope that those people die screaming of rectal cancer? Yeah. You know, but I'm not going to spend a lot of energy on it."

Judge Andrew Napolitano, Fox News' senior judicial analyst, said the same constitutional protection that applies to journalists also applies to Penn, who can say pretty much anything he wants in the "political arena" -- aside from an immediate incitement of violence.

"What he is saying is protected, as wacky and weird as it is," Napolitano told FoxNews.com. "But the substance of what he's saying would be absolutely contrary to the First Amendment, which fully protects all political opinions. So if a journalist says Dick Cheney should go to jail, the journalist is privileged to say that."

"Mr. Penn is calling for a communist-like regime in which journalists who criticize the government are sent to jail because of that criticism," Napolitano added. "That is utterly un-American and hasn't happened here since the Civil War."

Lis Wiehl, a former federal prosecutor and Fox News legal analyst, echoed Napolitano’s comments, saying Penn’s statement is "completely counter" to First Amendment protections.

"Unless you're yelling 'fire' in a crowded theatre, i.e. stirring up immediate violence, you have the right as an American to voice your opinion, even if others (including Penn) disagree," she wrote FoxNews.com. "And, yes, Penn has the right to voice his opinion as well -- that's the beauty of the First Amendment. And, don't forget, truth is an absolute defense to any defamation or slander lawsuit."

According to a study by the Business and Media Institute, news coverage pertaining to Chavez from 1998 to 2006 found the Venezuelan president's human rights record was mentioned in only 10 percent of stories, and he was described as a leftist in 12 percent of stories.

Napolitano, meanwhile, said Penn apparently prefers "thuggery" to democracy.

"In light of his ignorance of freedom of speech, his wishing rectal cancer on his detractors, and his embracing tyrants, Mr. Penn obviously prefers thuggery to democracy," he continued. "Were he free to do so, he'd be a tyrant. Now we'll see if he can get me jailed for saying that!"

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...avez-dictator/
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Ah, Sean Penn shows his ass again.. The only thing he's ever done is fuck Madonna, and this doesn't make him qualified to give foreign policy advice or condemn calling this pig a dictator.
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    Ah, Sean Penn shows his ass again.. The only thing he's ever done is fuck Madonna, and this doesn't make him qualified to give foreign policy advice or condemn calling this pig a dictator.
    He did play Jeff Spicoli in Fast Times at Ridgement High.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Oh, I had forgotten about that... Now, what was it he wanted me to think about Chavez?
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    He was a traitor in The Falcon And The Snowman, that is truer to his self. He's a traitorous pig.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Did you hear him ramble on about nothing at the Oscars last night? The guy is a complete moron.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    He was a traitor in The Falcon And The Snowman, that is truer to his self. He's a traitorous pig.
    I beg your pardon!:mad:

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I beg your pardon!:mad:
    Don't tell me you like sean pig penn!!

The Falcon and the Snowman is a 1985 film about two young American men, Christopher Boyce (played by Timothy Hutton) and Daulton Lee (played by Sean Penn), who sold U.S. security secrets to the Soviet Union. The film is based upon the 1979 book A True Story of Friendship and Espionage by Robert Lindsey, and features the theme song "This Is Not America",

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Don't tell me you like sean pig penn!!
    Comparing that butt wipe to a poor pig. Shame on you!

Sean Penn did America a favor; he should everyone how a Moonbat thinks.

Penn is just one of the very many millions who would do nothing more then turn America into a carbon copy of HugoLand. No freedom expect for the ruling paty, millions in prison for having their own thoughts and a population living in fear; pounding on the door in the middle of the night.

But I will answer Mister Penn , as I have always answered the tyrant wannabes of this nation ....

UP THE REBELS !!!
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.