1. #1 Stop messing with Texas! 
    Aice comparison of two very different states and how they are run! Texas Vs. Kalifornia.

"Stop messing with Texas!" That was the message Gov. Rick Perry bellowed on election night as he celebrated his victory over Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison in the Republican primary for governor. In his reference to Texas' anti-littering slogan, Perry was making a point applicable to national as well as Texas politics and addressed to Democratic politicians as well as Republicans.

His point was that the big-government policies of the Obama administration and Democratic congressional leaders are resented and fiercely opposed not just because of their dire fiscal effects but also as an intrusion on voters' independence and ability to make decisions for themselves.

No one would include Perry on a list of serious presidential candidates, including himself, even in the flush of victory. But in his 10 years as governor, the longest in the state's history, Texas has been teaching some lessons to which the rest of the nation should pay heed.

They are lessons that are particularly vivid when you contrast Texas, the nation's second most populous state, with the most populous, California. Both were once Mexican territory, secured for the United States in the 1840s. Both have grown prodigiously over the past half-century. Both have populations that today are about one-third Hispanic.

But they differ vividly in public policy and in their economic progress -- or lack of it -- over the last decade. California has gone in for big government in a big way. Democrats hold big margins in the legislature largely because affluent voters in Los Angeles and the San Francisco Bay area favor their liberal positions on cultural issues.

Those Democratic majorities have obediently done the bidding of public employee unions to the point that state government faces huge budget deficits. Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger's attempt to reduce the power of the Democratic-union combine with referenda was defeated in 2005 when public employee unions poured $100 million -- all originally extracted from taxpayers -- into effective TV ads.

Californians have responded by leaving the state. From 2000 to 2009, the Census Bureau estimates, there has been a domestic outflow of 1,509,000 people from California -- almost as many as the number of immigrants coming in. Population growth has not been above the national average and, for the first time in history, it appears that California will gain no House seats or electoral votes from the reapportionment following the 2010 census.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Sshhhh.....we don't want this publicized anymore than it already has been.
    We've got enough Californian's and invaders from north of the Red River here already.
    Texas is the best kept secret in the world. It needs to stay that way. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    Sshhhh.....we don't want this publicized anymore than it already has been.
    We've got enough Californian's and invaders from north of the Red River here already.
    Texas is the best kept secret in the world. It needs to stay that way. ;)
    If I could get my wife to move there, I'd be there in a heartbeat. I love it in Texas.

No state wants the dregs of Kalifornia. They messed up that state beyond repair. I know, let's put Michigan legislators in charge of Kalifornia, maybe they can fix it.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    No state wants the dregs of Kalifornia. They messed up that state beyond repair. I know, let's put Michigan legislators in charge of Kalifornia, maybe they can fix it.

That's fine by me. At least they won't be messing up Michigan anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    That's fine by me. At least they won't be messing up Michigan anymore!
    You have keen insight.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand