Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 I had no idea they were this close to proving election fraud 2004... 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    It appears happy_liberal has been at the firewater again...

happy_liberal (534 posts) Mon Mar-08-10 04:26 PM
    Original message I had no idea they were this close to proving election fraud 2004...

I just read this in an article about Michael Connell's suspicious death
    http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph...

"Ohio’s secretary of state in 2004 was a fiercely partisan Christian named Ken Blackwell. Blackwell had hired a company called GDC Limited to run the IT systems, which had subcontracted the job to Michael Connell’s company, GovTech. Connell had in turn sub-contracted SMARTech, an IT firm based in Chattanooga, to act, it was claimed, as a backup server.

“By looking at the URLs on the Web site, we discovered that there were three points on election night when SMARTech’s computers took over from the secretary of state,” says Arnebeck. “It is during that period that we believe votes were manipulated.”

In computer jargon it is known as a man-in-the-middle attack.

“At the time I didn’t know who SMARTech were,” says IT expert Stephen Spoonamore, opening a file on his computer showing the Internet architecture map of the 2004 Ohio election. He points to a red box in the bottom right-hand corner showing SMARTech’s server.

“Then I found out: They host Rove’s e-mails. They host the RNC’s Web site. They host George Bush’s Web site.” His voice rises in disbelief.

“I go, ‘Holy shit, this is a man-in-the-middle attack! These guys have programmed the state’s computers to talk to a company with ties 
to the Republican Party.’ It’s brilliant.”

With his wiry hair and designer glasses, Spoonamore looks like a character in a Tim Burton movie. A lifelong Republican, he is also one of the world’s acknowledged experts on cybersecurity, with a résumé that includes work for the U.S. armed forces and the FBI. In his spare time he has devoted thousands of hours to investigating cyberfraud in American elections. “I know I sound crazy when I talk about this stuff. No one wants to believe it. They say, ‘No one would steal an elec--tion.’ And I go, ‘Yeah, they would. And that’s exactly what they did.’ ”...

Just six weeks before his death, Connell had given a deposition in an Ohio lawsuit that accused Rove, Bush, and Co. of something far more serious than merely scrubbing e-mails: the theft of the 2004 Ohio vote. “This is the biggest scandal in our history,” says Mark Crispin Miller, a professor at New York University who has written extensively about electronic voter fraud. “Watergate grew out of a paranoid attempt to disable the opposition. But Ohio was exponentially different. We’re talking about a systematic, centralized attempt to rig the voting system.”

“We decided to try to bring a racketeering claim against Rove under Ohio law,” says Cliff Arnebeck, the attorney who brought the suit, a broad-shouldered man with a Senatorial air dressed in a blue blazer. “We detected a pattern of criminal activity, and we identified Connell as a key witness, as the implementer for Rove.”...

Ultimately, only a full criminal investigation can determine the truth about Ohio ’04 and the death of Michael Connell. Robert Kennedy Jr., who sought Connell’s cooperation during an investigation into the election, believes the current administration should pursue the matter. “I think this is more serious than Watergate,” he says. “Watergate was essentially about winning the battle for public opinion. That’s why the break-in took place—to gather strategic information about Democratic strategy and dirt. But the electoral process remained intact. The Ohio vote undermines the very foundation stone of American democracy. There should be an official investigation. Otherwise this becomes a blueprint for how to steal an election from here to eternity.”

REALLY interesting article!
    http://www.maxim.com/humor/stupid-fun/86265/mysterious-...

I agree with RFK Jr, there needs to be an official investigation of this. Rove is on TV every weekend, he's selling books...he needs to be held accountable. This needs to be exposed, it is the only way to protect ourselves from these criminials in the future. They are not leaving, they are just preparing for the next round.
    These idiots just love rehashing CTs that have gone and will continue to go no where.
    :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

LOL. Their "proof" is always speculation, someone is a contact of someone else who is a contact of someone else and that means the election was "stolen", or analyzing one district or county and then applying it to the rest of the state. Even their "statistical analysis" is flawed with assumptions.

“By looking at the URLs on the Web site, we discovered that there were three points on election night when SMARTech’s computers took over from the secretary of state,” says Arnebeck. “It is during that period that we believe votes were manipulated.”
    No proof, but they BELIEVE.......
    Last edited by Carol; 03-09-2010 at 07:29 PM.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Oh good. I'm glad that I'm not the only one to catch that . . . .
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Oh good. I'm glad that I'm not the only one to catch that . . . .
    Hell, Maxim's humor site is probably more reliable than most of the garbage they link to at the DUmp and cite as gospel.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Funny thing that of all the voter fraud these chuckleheads keep accusing the Bush elections of, not one shred of real proof is ever given, yet they believe it to be gospel. However, there have been indictments of ACORN personnel for voter fraud yet it strangely passes these goons by.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

TruthisAll is warming up his spreadsheets as we speek :D

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rjas77 View Post
    TruthisAll is warming up his spreadsheets as we speek :D
    There's a site where he has them all linked. It is truly a scary site to behold.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    There's a site where he has them all linked. It is truly a scary site to behold.
    www.truthisall.net

From that site:

Corporate America controls the media and we get manufactured news. Corporate America now controls the voting machines and we get manufactured elections.
    Whever manufactured Obama left out the substance.:D

That's a funny thread to read. HarryTrumanDem is the lone voice of sanity in the wilderness.

Anybody got a mole to burn? Someone needs to ask the DUmmies how Dems took the White House and got supermajorities in both houses in 2008 if the Republicans control all of the voting fraud.

I see Karl Rove getting frog-marched any day now. Probably within 48 hours.:eek: