Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    So, one night Ole was sitting reading the paper when he looked out the window and saw that his barn was on fire. So Ole quick jumped up and called the fire department and said, "Hurry, come quick, my barn's burnin' down!" The fire chief replied, "Ole, slow down. Now how do we get there?"
    And Ole said, "Well don't you have that little red truck anymore?":D

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    EPIC BEARD MAN???? Is that you? :D
    Nope but I am pretty close to his size without the beard plus I don't do dope.

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    I suspect there are a lot of dogs out there that are deeply offended by that cartoon.
    have you seen them? I say them because apparently there are several. I'm offended by them to be quite honest. Not because of Muhammed or because of the dog - but because someone bothered to publish such shoddy work in the first place.

http://pubphilosopher.blogs.com/pub_...r-nordic-.html
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Yeah, those cartoons do kinda suck...

But... I've been in a similar situation("When will you Amis do something about Bush?") and I resort to my good friends, sarcasm and 'see-how-YOU-like-it?'

1) Wait, let me snap my fingers >snap< Wait, he's still there.
    or...
    Since I am my government, just for that, I'm keeping him there till the end of time.

(keep a straight face. . .most Europeans know sarcasm because they think they invented it.)

or...

2) "When you do something about (since this is Sweden) ABBA and Black Metal. "

They will either respond with: But I like ABBA/Black Metal!"

"And I liked Bush. See what happens when you assume stuff? You insult people."

Or "Swedish Music is more than ABBA!"

"American Government does not begin or end with Bush, so. . .see what happens when you assume stuff?"

Most Europeans either retreat redfaced or try to backtrack. No need to shout or get confrontational. The goal here is to have them feel that realization that an American made them feel like a bag of ass in the most polite, yet cutting way possible. Like the French. But with the superiority of not running away like girly men. . .which makes you like the French Legion. Which is way awesomer.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Sonnabend
    My husband is nothing of the kind, and we were hardly going to start a bar fight over George W. Bush.
    Then you, madam, by your silence. aided and abetted the demonisation of a good and decent man. Unlike you, when comments like that were made, i was more than happy to respond in kind, forcibly and with facts...causing more than one person to back down in short order.

Had that been me, I would have quietly replied that at least your President had the guts to stand up and fight his enemies...and then bluntly ask, when did the Swiss intend to do the same?

Or simply state that an election was in the offing in two years, and you looked forward to voting for him........again.

Um... Sonna... it's the Swedes. The Swiss are a totally different breed of creature.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Sonnabend
    I sit corrected.:)...but I still would have said it. What was done to former Pres. Bush was inexcusable, and I firmly believe that down the line, many will regret it bitterly. Some horrid precedents were set...and that will have repercussions over time.

I'm not an American...but I will be DAMNED if I ever sat still for that kind of crap. The media and others got away with far too much, far too often.
    Last edited by Sonnabend; 03-11-2010 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    My husband is nothing of the kind, and we were hardly going to start a bar fight over George W. Bush.
    Commendable. However, the bar fight would have been over the rude SOB taking the liberty of insulting you over his ignorant opinion of your country. I would have invited the chap outside for a lesson in manners.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Commendable. However, the bar fight would have been over the rude SOB taking the liberty of insulting you over his ignorant opinion of your country. I would have invited the chap outside for a lesson in manners.
    Yes, we covered these testosterone surges yesterday.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    They are were all dressed up so a fist fight would have not been advisable. However, as a man I would have thrown a retort back into his face with "the USA is the greatest country in the world; we do a lot of traveling to see how the other half live".