Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Yeah it was tough. Even after their navy and airforce was wiped out the Japanese just kept on fighting. They had an incredible ideology that would essentially not let them surrender. While it is tough to fight an enemy like that, killing over 200,000 civilians in one of the most horrific ways imaginable is not something that can just be paved over with simple rhetoric (although some people still believe that it was necessary). It was one of the low points in human history, and we should do what we can to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    One thing pussies like you and our government doesn't seem to understand is that you fight wars to win! You don't fight wars to please other countries and safeguard your image around the world in the eyes of countries who aren't part of the conflict.. That's how you earn respect from countries that will never respect us for any other reason. You fight your enemy with crushing force and defeat them, and then you bring the troops home. You don't keep soldiers occupying a country getting picked off like sitting ducks...

We did what we had to do to win WWII, and we should use every weapon in our arsenal to win every war and use American lives, i.e. boots on the ground, only when absolutely necessary!
    Last edited by stsinner; 03-10-2010 at 03:22 PM.
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

I advise people to watch a documentary called "White Light, Black Rain" which focuses on first-hand accounts of civilians who survived the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, as well as those who helped build and deliver the bomb to it's destination.

I'm at a real loss for words when I encounter someone who thinks nuclear warfare is just a standard tool of international policy.

With today's weapons, millions of civilians can be killed with a couple of bombs, it stuns me that people think that's okay.

It's blasphemous and totally against any idea that a human life and soul is worth anything at all.

I feel sorry for any human being with a heart and mind so cold and empty that such a thing is just "ok".
    Why don't you go fellate yourself?

You're nothing but a lying little liberal troll. Another Dimocrat piece of shit.

rm -rf obama*

I'd argue it was the opposite. The US wanted to describe the Japanese as "different" because they wanted to annihilate them (although this term is a bit too loose, still though, the detention of Japanese Americans and of course The Bombs still remain an awful stain on our history, despite the complixities of the situations at thetime)
    If we had wanted to annihilate them, we would have. Oddly enough, we accepted their surrender and actually let the Japanese who survived the end of the war continue to live. Odd, huh?

BTW, all militaries in every time and place objectify their enemies by calling them perjoratives. We were 'round eyed devils', as I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Milly View Post
    If we had wanted to annihilate them, we would have. Oddly enough, we accepted their surrender and actually let the Japanese who survived the end of the war continue to live. Odd, huh?

BTW, all militaries in every time and place objectify their enemies by calling them perjoratives. We were 'round eyed devils', as I recall.
    In Vietnam our Marines were Devil Dogs, because the Vietnamese said that fought like Devil Dogs....
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    One thing pussies like you and our government doesn't seem to understand is that you fight wars to win!
    war isn't a game. while this high-school football mentality is always used to rouse up people into supporting warfare, it is something real and beyond the scope of "win or lose".

you don't "win" a war by murdering (and yes, killing non-combatants is murder) hundreds of thousands of civilians. No one wins from that. Reducing human life into a mere incidental in the game of warfare that must be won simply for the sake of winning is blasphemous. If God lives within us, part of our eternal soul, then nukes are a direct affront to God. Humanity itself loses it's soul when blatant nuke-dropping occurs.

"For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
    - Mark 8:36

We did what we had to do to win WWII, and we should use every weapon in our arsenal to win every war and use American lives, i.e. boots on the ground, only when absolutely necessary!
    War without War. Even the greatest warlords of the past knew such a thing was absurd.

Regarding Tom Hanks-just another actor whom I like as an actor but now have a very low opinion of as a person. Just another disappointing, un-American elitist who doesn't live in the real world..

Quote Originally Posted by Milly View Post

Like I said, annihilate was a very loose term being used for the rhetorical sake of inverting Tom Hank's statement.

Still, the things the US did during war are unforgivable, and are the things the Japanese and especially the Nazi's did.

No one "wins" a war unless you're fighting a war of imperial conquest, which we were not.

I advise people to watch a documentary called "White Light, Black Rain" which focuses on first-hand accounts of civilians who survived the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, as well as those who helped build and deliver the bomb to it's destination.
    Does it include the information that for DAYS before we dropped the bomb the AF dropped leaflets telling the civilians to get out? Because we did, unlike - say - the Germans bombing London.

Dead is dead, whether from nukes or conventional weapons. How much more dead does a nuke make an individual, anyway?

Power CUer
    And I advise you to talk to my father and lots of other American GIs who were waiting to be sent into the Home Islands of Japan in a land invasion, to almost certain death. The bomb saved them. The Japanese government had plenty of warniing that something big was coming before Hiroshima and they chose to ignore it. They were warned again before Nagasaki, and they had to be told a second time. They could have spared two of their major cities, and there were those in the Japanese command who STILL resisted surrender after the two bombings. They could have saved their people and they chose not to.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken