1. #1 Smell of Pot From Chimney Leads to Record Bust 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    A patrol cop with a sensitive schnoz was credited today with uprooting what authorities say is the biggest marijuana-growing operation in New Jersey's history.

Police last month raided six homes - several of them $1 million McMansions - and seized more than $10 million worth of cannabis growing inside under artificial lights, authorities announced today.

"While law enforcement in New Jersey has encountered high-tech indoor marijuana growing operations in the past, we have not seen anything to match the volume of production of this criminal enterprise," said state Attorney General Paula T. Dow.

The bust might not have happened if Officer Thomas Lucasiewicz had been suffering from a head cold. The Monroe Township cop was on patrol Feb. 12 when he smelled burning marijuana in an upscale Middlesex County community.

At first, Lucasiewicz thought somebody might be smoking a joint in a car parked nearby, said Sgt. Steve Jones, a state police spokesman.

"But with his bloodhound senses, he realized it was much stronger than he first thought," Jones said. "He followed his nose. Then he saw smoke rising from a chimney."

Overpowered by the scent, Lucasiewicz called his squad. When backup arrived, Lucasiewicz knocked on the door of the single-story ranch house.

They were greeted by a surprised man, "the gardener, essentially, who was burning some of the unusable parts of the plants in the fireplace," Jones said.

Lucasiewicz arrested the gardener, Thu N. Nguyen, 44, and, realizing he had uncovered a huge grow operation, called in the state police.

Inside the rented home, investigators found 1,064 plants in four cultivation areas set up in the basement and the master bedroom. In the garage they found 50 pounds of packaged pot.

During the following week, state police raided five more rented homes in Millstone Township, Old Bridge, Manahawkin and Manalapan.

"They each had been turned into pot factories," Jones said.

Along with a vast array of indoor cultivation equipment, police seized 3,370 growing plants, 115 pounds of harvested marijuana and $65,000 cash from the four homes.

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/break...cord_bust.html

Banned
    My parents owned 3 houses together. I would come home at 2am during my drinking days and one of the rented houses would have cars from CA, MI, etc. on a regular basis parked all over the driveway and yard. The smell of pot was strong. So, my dad and I told them they had to move and he wound up selling the house. Another dude was renting the duplex on the other side. Same shit. I knew he was growing it cause he changed the locks on the doors. Started to get a court eviction order but instead threathened to get one of my police buddies to pay him a visit. I found out he was a convicted felon, so he decided to move.

Bust American Marijuana Farms.

Oh my god why are these Mexican drug cartels so rich, well armed, and dangerously powerful?! wahhh

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Bust American Marijuana Farms.

Oh my god why are these Mexican drug cartels so rich, well armed, and dangerously powerful?! wahhh
    How do those lead chips taste?
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    How do those lead chips taste?
    They're actually Doritos but easy mistake.

Sonnabend
    They're actually Doritos but easy mistake.
    They go well with this.

There used to be some large-scale growing operations in abandoned houses in Detroit. DTE has gotten better about busting illegal power hook-ups, which has ended a lot of that in the city. That might be part of why the city is resisting changing their laws to allow greenhouses in the city for urban farming-it would make it more difficult to stop or catch that kind of operation.