Thread: Next president of the USA?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    No on Palin. No on Newt. Thune seriously worth consideration. http://www.ontheissues.org/House/John_Thune.htm

Mike Pence is another one to seriously look at. http://www.ontheissues.org/in/mike_pence.htm
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    yeah, Pence is a good one too...I need to start making a list of good candidates for 2012 and beyond

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    No on Palin. No on Newt. Thune seriously worth consideration. http://www.ontheissues.org/House/John_Thune.htm

Mike Pence is another one to seriously look at. http://www.ontheissues.org/in/mike_pence.htm
    Palin is too conservative for some Yankees and RINO's. Who has a better knowledge of energy and how to create jobs than she does?

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Palin is too conservative for some Yankees and RINO's. Who has a better knowledge of energy and how to create jobs than she does?
    I voted for McCain only because she was on the ticket.

Reality is that she is way to polarizing.

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    yeah, Pence is a good one too...I need to start making a list of good candidates for 2012 and beyond
    http://www.conservativeunderground.c...ad.php?t=26149

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    I voted for McCain only because she was on the ticket.

Reality is that she is way to polarizing.
    You can bet your sweet petunias that the Repub nominee will be slaughtered in the liberal press and by the left wing nut jobs like Soris. If the Repub nominee does not want to duke it out to get elected, he or she will lose. McCain was a wimp who did not go after Obama on several fronts. We don't need a repeat. Plus, Romney is on my shit list.

Are there any good conservative State Governors that could be on the list? Palin aside, obviously. I like her politics, the fact that she won't be intimidated by the liberal media, and especially the fact that she is not a DC "insider". I just don't think she's electable.

I would much rather see a candidate with the executive leadership experience of a Governor than a Senator or Congressmen.

I like Sarah Palin but I think putting her on the ticket in 2012 is the only way that Obama could get re-elected. Palin took too much damage during the 2008 election and the media and democrats have been beating her brains in ever since just to make damned sure she's too crippled to run in 2012. Aside from that, Sarah Palin isn't positioning herself to run for president - at least not very well. I don't think she's planning to run in '12. And I really hope I'm right on that. We need Obama OUT in 2012.
    The government cannot give anything to anyone that they did not first take from someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    He sounds good but can he take on Obummer on the campaign trail and in the debates.
    How many here think Obama will even be on the dem ticket in 2012?
    At the rate he's going, I'm not so sure he has their nomination in the bag.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by papabull View Post
    I like Sarah Palin but I think putting her on the ticket in 2012 is the only way that Obama could get re-elected. Palin took too much damage during the 2008 election and the media and democrats have been beating her brains in ever since just to make damned sure she's too crippled to run in 2012. Aside from that, Sarah Palin isn't positioning herself to run for president - at least not very well. I don't think she's planning to run in '12. And I really hope I'm right on that. We need Obama OUT in 2012.
    With unemployment in the dumps, the Repub nominee is a shoo-in to win. Obama was hired to fix the problem and he has failed miserably. He does not stand a chance of being re-elected unless the economy makes a remarkable comeback in the next 2 1/2 years.

I hope she does run. I think she can beat the pants off of him, and turn the economy around, and DC on it's ears.
    Last edited by lacarnut; 03-11-2010 at 12:20 AM.