Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    How many here think Obama will even be on the dem ticket in 2012?
    At the rate he's going, I'm not so sure he has their nomination in the bag.
    Hillary would not dare run the risk. So, the rest of the dem. clowns will go with Obama cause she would be the only creditable challenger.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Hillary would not dare run the risk. So, the rest of the dem. clowns will go with Obama cause she would be the only creditable challenger.
    That's what I say too right at this moment in time, and I don't see Billary running again. But if Barry keeps going like he is, I'm not so sure they won't have someone else groomed up to take his place by the time another 2 years roll around.

I think right now his own party is as disgusted with him as we are. And while the majority of the dem party are total idiots, those at the top (while still idiots) are not entirely stupid. They have to know that there is no way in hell he will be re-elected. Better for them to run some little known congressman rather than a proven failure. I guess time will tell, and he is the incumbent POTUS. I hope they do keep him, as he will be easy I think for anyone the GOP runs to defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    That's what I say too right at this moment in time, and I don't see Billary running again. But if Barry keeps going like he is, I'm not so sure they won't have someone else groomed up to take his place by the time another 2 years roll around.

I think right now his own party is as disgusted with him as we are. And while the majority of the dem party are total idiots, those at the top (while still idiots) are not entirely stupid. They have to know that there is no way in hell he will be re-elected. Better for them to run some little known congressman rather than a proven failure. I guess time will tell, and he is the incumbent POTUS. I hope they do keep him, as he will be easy I think for anyone the GOP runs to defeat.
    If things keep going as they are, they'd be smart to run a nobody in 2012. Put token effort into the race, and save their chances for 2016. Kinda like that Chris Rock movie Head of State. Just without the part of Chris Rock being elected President.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

I think the 2010 elections will be a big factor on that too. If we see the overwhelming clean sweep we are hoping for, it should be a huge wake-up call for them that this country isn't going to buy the Obama brand of 'hope & change' a second time around.

There's a political eternity between now and 2012. It's too early to do any meaningful speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampfox View Post
    There's a political eternity between now and 2012. It's too early to do any meaningful speculation.
    You mean 2016.

Sonnabend
    You mean 2016.
    BWAHAHAHAH!!!

Obongodrums is finished and will NOT be re elected.

The JugEared Jackass has had his time in the chair....when November rolls around, he'll be a lame duck..wait..he's a lame duck NOW....:D

Sonnabend

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    I voted for McCain only because she was on the ticket.

Reality is that she is way to polarizing.
    Polarizing is what we need. All this touchy-feely, reach across the aisle crap has got to go.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman_Shadwell View Post
    Are there any good conservative State Governors that could be on the list? Palin aside, obviously. I like her politics, the fact that she won't be intimidated by the liberal media, and especially the fact that she is not a DC "insider". I just don't think she's electable.

I would much rather see a candidate with the executive leadership experience of a Governor than a Senator or Congressmen.
    Mitch Daniels of Indiana. We're one of the few states still in the black.

When Daniels couldn't clean up the corruption in the administration of the toll road, he sold the rights to running it to a consortium from Australia who are now paying the state of Indiana a huge sum for it. Problem fixed.

I may never forgive him for putting us on daylight savings time, though . . . . . :D