Thread: Off to Kuwait

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asdf2231 View Post
    Godspeed and take care bud!
    Ditto!:)

Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Thanks for the kind thoughts, all, but Kuwait is about 100X safer than Iraq, or Newark, NJ, for that matter.

I was worried that you might be flying Qantas.......

just teasing you sonna, my Dad LOVED that airline.:D

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    I was worried that you might be flying Qantas.......
    just teasing you sonna, my Dad LOVED that airline.:D
    I've never flown Qantas, but there is a large Australian contingent here. They're augmenting us at a number of the bases and I've seen a few of them in the DFAC at Arifjan and Ali Al Saleem. Good guys, even if they're suffering from Foster's withdrawal due to General Order 1A, but they're making the best of it. It's funny to hear Waltzing Matilda sung sober, though... :D
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    I'm TDY to Kuwait for a week on a PDSS/LDR's Recon for one of our training units. Don't know how much computer access I'll have whilie I'm there, but hopefully, I'll be able to post some pics. If not, I'll do it when I get back. Until then, Ciao.

Take care.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by PB2012 View Post
    I would just like to say thank you and god bless.
    I echo those thoughts. I'll never complain about our heat after hearing what you said. Of course, we have the humidity.

Thank you for your service.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I echo those thoughts. I'll never complain about our heat after hearing what you said. Of course, we have the humidity.
    Thank you for your service.
    Thanks.

What a week. We finished our briefings and I got to LSA Ali Al Saleem a day out so that I could get more information on the mission sets for the unit that we're training. Then, when the rest of my team arrived, we went through customs and were put into lockdown for about eight hours, then bused out to the airport for our ride back. Now, in order to get from Kuwait to FT Hood, I had to take a flight that terminates at McGuire AFB in New Jersey, then take a bus to Philadelphia to get on a commercial flight that will leave tomorrow morning. When all is said and done, I will have been in transit from Saturday morning until Monday afternoon, with most of the time spent waiting for transportation that was supposedly scheduled in advance. I've found that if I try to think of myself as cargo, instead of as a passenger, it makes the hassles easier to take, and for the most part, this was true. But, at one of the stops (which I will not name), the people who have been doing this for several years now were so completely clueless that one of the passengers, an O6, actually got in the 1SG's face over it. I've seen crap fights in the monkey house that were better organized than those guys were. The good news is that I'll be back at FT Hood tomorrow.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Godspeed Sir!
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke