Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Commercial Thursday 
    Well the weather finally warmed up but now its raining. The meteorlogical people are saying to expect as much as 3 inches between now and tomorrow evening.

TOTD: What TV commercials really bug you. For me lately it is the guy who is having a conversation with his reflection in a window about talking to his doctor about his erectile dysfunction. I suspect that if you are talking to your reflection in a window and that reflection is answering back and giving advice then you have bigger issues to deal with than erectile dysfuction.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Power CUer
    Well, the only "woody medicine" commercial that bugs me is the one with the matching bathtubs. What are we supposed to infer from THAT?
    The commercial that annoys the hell out of me right now is "Give me back that filet o' fish", since the tune (if that's the right word for that thing) gets stuck in my head.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

We are fixin to get drowned here today! Rain and more rain!

TOTD: I hate the ads that leave me with no clue as to what I'm supposed to buy, They are just confusing.
    They are probably for some green kind of crap!

And I do get a kick out of the separate bathtubs! Makes no sense.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

It's warming up a bit! The ground is still frozen, though.

TOTD: I hate the Proactiv commercials. That guy looks completely gay. I try to DVR shows so I can zip through all the commercials. I find that if you wait for 20 minutes after a show starts, you can avoid them completely.

I am completely hypnotized by kitchen gadget/garden gadget commercials, however. And yes, I do have the Titan vegetable peeler and the Topsy Turvy tomato planter.

Power CUer
    My latest favorite is Wendy, the screeching fat lady who wants you to buy an EZ Cracker for eggs. She's going to give Vince a run (well, a waddle) for his money!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxZxY...eature=related
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    My latest favorite is Wendy, the screeching fat lady who wants you to buy an EZ Cracker for eggs. She's going to give Vince a run (well, a waddle) for his money!
    OMG! I have never seen that one. She's hideous and her voice is evil! Luckily, I mastered the art of egg-cracking sometime during the 3rd grade. :D

I actually get angry when I hear this commercial come on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ijH3cRJ1BY
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    OMG! I have never seen that one. She's hideous and her voice is evil! Luckily, I mastered the art of egg-cracking sometime during the 3rd grade. :D
    She was the "Snapple" lady for several years.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    I actually get angry when I hear this commercial come on.
    Why angry??

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Why angry??
    I don't know. Crazy, I guess.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad