Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 190 of our Democratic representatives voted for war-more than the Rs. THIS IS OUR WAR 
    link

Subdivisions (1000+ posts) Thu Mar-11-10 01:18 PM
    Original message
    190 of our Democratic representatives voted for war - more than the Rs. THIS IS OUR WAR NOW!
    Edited on Thu Mar-11-10 01:42 PM by Subdivisions
    What started as an unjust War on Terror under a president who ascended to the office via a stolen election (twice) is now definitively OUR WAR! We OWN it. We can no longer pin this atrocity on bush/cheney, the Rs, or the neocons.

Every death; every drop of blood; every broken soldier; every broken home; ALL OF IT, from this point forward, is on our shoulders!

Results of the vote on the Kucinich resolution to end the war in Afghanistan:
    http://www.govtrack.us/congress/vote.xpd?vote=h2010-98
    Followed by a long list of how each voted.
    onenote (1000+ posts) Thu Mar-11-10 01:25 PM
    Response to Original message
    1. More accurate: Twelve times as many Democrats voted to get out as repubs
    Five repubs (or 2.8 percent of the total number of repubs in Congress) voted for the resoluton. Sixty (or around 24 percent) of the Democrats voted to get out.

Do you really think DUers are stupid enough to think that there is more support for getting out among repubs?
    So--they have the presidency, and the majority in both the house and the senate. 76% of the Democrats voted to stay in Afghanistan, but because the % of Republicans voting to stay in Afghanistan was higher than the Democrats %---- it isn't the Democrats war.
    Mari333 (1000+ posts)
    2. every one of the maggots who voted NAY
    should be air dropped into the helmand province in Afghanistan with nothing more than a butter knife to protect them.

they would shit their armani suits.

war profiteers, every damned one of them.

They can all rot in hell.
    harkadog (1000+ posts) Thu Mar-11-10 02:21 PM
    Response to Reply #7
    12. They voted for an illegal and unjust war.
    Our objective was to remove the Taliban from power. We did that and from the point forward there was no justification for the war. I not going to call them names but they own this war now not Bush or anyone else.
    berni_mccoy (1000+ posts) Thu Mar-11-10 02:24 PM
    Response to Reply #12
    15. That wasn't the objective, but thanks.
    You've left off a tremendous part of the mission: stabilize the region and ensure that the Taliban/AQ are not able to regain control.
    berni_mccoy (1000+ posts) Thu Mar-11-10 01:57 PM
    Response to Original message
    6. 31 Members of the Progressive Caucus voted against Kucinich's Resolution.
    Let the crying begin--and then the angry denunciations will take over.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Do I hear any suggestions of impeachment of President Obama from the DUmmies?
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    it's funny when DiMoCrats turn on themselves...it's like sharks to blood hahahahaah

and down the memory hole it goes

Obama lied! People died!

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

and down the memory hole it goes
    Ha Ha Ha. With all that-Obama increasing the number of troups and Democrate by a large majority voting to continue the war-and it's against policy or something to say that now the Democrats need to take responsiblity for decisions that are made and the outcome. It says more about DU than anything or anyone else.

Just my opinion but in hindsight both Afghanistan and Iraq have turned into clusterf**ks and probably could've been managed better by the Bush admin. To their credit, Obama and the Dems on the hill, unlike the DUmmies, realize that you can't start something like that and then just walk away when it becomes inconvenient.

Prayers and admiration for our troops.

Once again Moonbats can't deal with reality.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post
    Once again Moonbats can't deal with reality.
    hahaha. Thank you for adding that delightful word to my vocabulary. Moonbats.

I appreciate every single one of you for your realism. I'd implode if I were a DUmbo I think....
    ...Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Megaguns91 View Post
    hahaha. Thank you for adding that delightful word to my vocabulary. Moonbats.

I appreciate every single one of you for your realism. I'd implode if I were a DUmbo I think....
    the term Moonbat has been around for sometime.

It referes to someone on the Left , who is so set in their ideas and beliefs that facts, reason and evidence means nothing to them; only the drama going on in their heads counts.

That's when you get statements like this " If we hadn't invade Iraq, 9/11 wouldn't have happened. "
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.