1. #1 Gay Episcopal Priest Receives Majority Consent 
    For what its worth, the heresy continues.

An openly gay priest has received more than the required majority of consents to be confirmed as bishop, the Diocese of Los Angeles reported Wednesday.

According to an unofficial tally, the Rev. Canon Mary Douglas Glasspool has received 61 nods from standing committees in The Episcopal Church. Only 56 are required for confirmation.

"I give thanks for the Standing Commitees’ prompt action," said Los Angeles Bishop Diocesan J. Jon Bruno. "I look forward to the final few consents to come in from the bishops in the next few days, and I give thanks for the fact that we as a church have taken a bold step for just action."

The presiding bishop's office has yet to verify the count.

Glasspool, who has been with her lesbian partner since 1988, was elected in December to the office of bishop suffragan in the Diocese of Los Angeles. Consents to her election would make Glasspool the second openly gay bishop in The Episcopal Church, after V. Gene Robinson of New Hampshire whose consecration in 2003 caused uproar.

Dr. Rowan Williams, the spiritual leader of the Anglican Communion – of which The Episcopal Church is the U.S. branch – had expressed concerns over Glasspool's election, especially considering the moratorium on the consecration of bishops living in a same-gender union that Anglican leaders had reaffirmed.
    The whole joke is here
    Last edited by FlaGator; 03-11-2010 at 10:00 AM.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Power CUer
    "hersey"?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    "hersey"?
    It slipped by my spell checker.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

I'm unsurprised. At this rate, the Episcopal church will be composed of about 47 gay and gray members in 20 years time.

However, the Continuing Churches (such as my own) are always happy to extend a welcome to any Anglican refugees. :D

Power CUer
    There are still those who think that female clergy at all are a "hersey".
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Somehow, we manage to limp along without the babes in the cassocks. ;)

I don't necessarily have a problem with female clergy. I'm not sure if it's is Biblical and I am not sure if I would attend a church with a woman pastor, but I think that it would mostly depend on her doctrine more than her gender when it came time to make a decision.

Homosexual leader ship is an issue. One who is existing in a state of unrepentant sin is not qualified to shepherd God's people. If the leader can't hold himself or herself to the standards necessary to have a close relationship with God then the message they send from the altar is one that is mixed and hypocritical.
    Last edited by FlaGator; 03-11-2010 at 10:25 AM.

C. S. Lewis

Power CUer
    I don't necessarily disagree with you; I'm conflicted on the issue but not enough to keep me from church and the liturgy.

As for women "pastures", I didn't think they were there for grazing purposes.

Pastor.
    Shepherd.
    Altar.

Are you feeling okay today?

I don't necessarily disagree with you; I'm conflicted on the issue but not enough to keep me from church and the liturgy.

As for women "pastures", I didn't think they were there for grazing purposes.

Pastor.
    Shepherd.
    Altar.

Are you feeling okay today?
    My mind is distracted by, of all things, work.

Thank you for the corrections

C. S. Lewis

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    My mind is distracted by, of all things, work.

Thank you for the corrections
    OK, good. I was hoping it wasn't neurological (that's not a joke or a swipe, it's serious. I've seen it happen, and that was an early warning sign.)