1. #1 "I want to know: Is there anything Obama will take a stand on?" 
    Amazing this guy hasn't been TS'd yet!

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x3718734

Joe Fields Donating Member (1000+ posts
    Sat Aug-02-08 12:45 AM
    Original message
    I want to know: Is there anything Obama will take a stand on?

That is the question.

1) Bush's actions don't rise to the level of impeachable offenses. (In other words, don't bother me with it now, because I'm running for president, and I could never get elected by trying to hold Bush accountable.)

2) War funding

3) Torture

4) FISA

5) Offshore drilling

Wait a minute. I forgot. When he becomes president, then he will address all of these important issues.

Just two more questions, then you can flame away. I cant' recall the last time a candidate made good on campaign promises once elected. In Obama's case, if he keeps backing up on important issues BEFORE he's elected, then just what do you expect him to do for us when he DOES become the next president?

Last question: If candidates continually lower the bar, to the point where they can walk right over it, then what does that say about us?

I will vote Obama, because there really is no other choice, but I not only will hold my nose, I also know what to expect, and that is not much for us. Anyone who thinks he's our savior is a fool.

One last thing. You can flame away, if it makes you feel better. But I say we have a right to be pissed. Election or no, he's jerking us around, and I don't have to like it.

Sonnabend
    1) Bush's actions don't rise to the level of impeachable offenses
    Eight years and it FINALLY dawns on you?

The frustration with Zer-0 is getting palpable.
    But they're still trotting along behind him.

This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

There more!

Joe Fields Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal
    Sun Aug-03-08 08:22 AM
    Response to Reply #138

141. I know a lot of people like to believe...

that Obama has roses flying out of his crotch, and that when he gets the vapors it smells like a pine forest. But the fact is that we are stuck with another candidate that is no more, no less than business as usual. Over 100 million dollars in bundled corporate contributions.

It is easy to see that you are among the group I discussed, concerning lowering the bar to the point of him being able to walk across it. So I suppose it's alright with you that he leads the country by being led around by the opposition, which is exactly what he has done on the important issues of the wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, like he was led by the opposition on FISA, like the oil drilling issue...

So maybe you can tell me just WHAT important issue he has taken a stand on and shown the type of LEADERSHIP worthy of being president of the United States? Or is it more important, in your eyes to look good?
    (All I can figure is that the DU mods are asleep....)

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    nightrain (102 posts) Sat Aug-02-08 01:07 AM
    Response to Original message
    6. I hear ya and agree...
    Sometimes I really yearn for a progressive candidate who is really principled and acts that way! Obama has never been my first choice. I'd prefer that he work toward holding these damn oil companies and the oil speculators responsible!

Obama capitulates on too many important issues, particularly worrisome is FISA.

Holding my nose too... (and crossing my fingers)--what a lousy way to vote!
    :eek: He's back? :D
    May the FORCE be with you!