Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Power CUer
    It sounds like he hadn't heard anything about it until you contacted him with the DU thread.

Forget the lame political pandering. This is what she should be repremanded for:

Iíve gotten to know each of you fairly well over the course of this year, and my greatest joy has been learning that you all have something special about you, and because of that, this country and this world is wide open to you. _____________, you can do and become anything (repeat for each student).
    Witless comments like that bounce a lot of reality checks by the time people hit 30. :D

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I can see her point. It's the first viable black candidate we've ever had. That's historic and worth pointing out to kids.

But she is taking it too far IMO. Why would you let your students write letters or messages to Obama on the board?

A better thing to do might also be to point out something significant about McCain (former POW would be what I point out). With parental permission, I'd give the addresses out to write letters to both candidates.
    Alright, this can't be Bridget. This is waaaaaaaaaay too short. Who is this???:mad:

:p

DU must have caught on, the link says missing thread.
    They're not people, they're hippies!! -Cartman

It is nothing against you to fall down flat, but to lie there - that's disgrace

Quote Originally Posted by Junebug68 View Post
    Finnfan is a fella and I think was recently hired at Classical Magnet. I imagine he won't post brags like this for a while.

Finnfan (1000+ posts) Tue Jul-31-07 09:31 PM
    Response to Original message
    18. Thanks for your vibes today, everyone.
    I didn't get the position. One of my classmates interviewed first, and I think it was over right then. They've already called and offered her the job.

For my very first teaching interview, I think I did all right. I know some things to do for next time. And the person who got the offer is really wonderful, so I can't complain.

Thanks again everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Junebug68 View Post
    Yep. Happens every time someone over there posts about something stupid they did or are doing along with information that makes them easily identifiable. Call this "Walldude 2.0." :D (Walldude. Ha! Greatest. Pwnage. EVAR!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    Finnfan is a fella.
    Barely.

I remember his pic.

He's looks like a major fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gern View Post
    Barely.

I remember his pic.

He's looks like a major fruit.
    Well... That would certainly explain his gushing over Obamessiah. Real men don't gush. Fruits do. (They also "dish," whatever that is. Andrew "Gay Butt Massager" Sullivan would know.)

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxmchue View Post
    It's going to be an ongoing exchange at least for a bit. He was asking who the instructor was. I gave him as much information as I could glean from the message/thread, including grade level, possible class (English or something to do with languages), and the mention of a specific message on his classroom white board.
    Have you heard more about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Have you heard more about this?
    No. The principal hasn't written back since my last message with the identifying information I could find. Hopefully the fact that he asked about who it was meant that he was open to pursuing action.

Anyone see any recent posts on DU by Finnfan?