1. #1 The Obama Moratorium: No offshore drilling while he’s in office 
    The Obama Moratorium: No offshore drilling while he’s in office

By: Barbara Hollingsworth
    Local Opinion Editor
    03/10/10 1:19 PM EST

The Obama administration’s six-month delay in approving new offshore drilling leases in federal waters will become a new three-year ban, Interior Secretary Ken Salazar quietly told reporters last Friday. Which means that no new oil and gas leases will be approved during President Obama’s term even though two –thirds of the American public supports such activity, according to a December 2009 Rasmussen poll.

Sixty percent also believe that gas and oil prices will drop if the government allows offshore drilling, opening up an estimate 14 billion barrels of oil and 55 trillion cubic feet of natural gas

On July 14, 2008 President George W. Bush lifted an executive ban on Outer Continental Shelf leasing. On October 1, 2008, in a bipartisan agreement, Congress lifted another longstanding ban on new oil and gas leasing in the OCS.

Drilling was supposed to begin this July. But Salazar said he intends to discard the 2010-2015 lease plan developed by the Bush administration in favor of a new plan that won’t even go into effect until 2012.

“Secretary Salazar has finally confirmed what had long been feared – that the Obama Administration has no intention of opening up new areas for offshore drilling during his four-years in office,” said Rep. Doc Hastings, the ranking Republican on the House Natural Resources Committee.
    :mad:

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/op...#ixzz0hz7Yr4I4

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Look for Oil prices to accelerate and our economy to drop.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Wow big surprise there. Whats funnier, he is giving millions in tax dollars to help foreign countries aid in off shore oil exploration.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

The people who hate the country are in charge of the country.

"I'm not anti-business, I'm business friendly." Barrack Insane Obummer.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

I guess he didn't listen to Palin's "Drill baby drill."

He should go down as one of the worst president's in US history.

What a naive man we have in the Oval Office. Has he not read that China is increasing its oil consumption at a rate that is astonishing? We are being led by fools.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I guess he didn't listen to Palin's "Drill baby drill."

He should go down as one of the worst president's in US history.
    Shame we could not ship him off to Venezuela.... two like minded idiots.