1. #1 Ever Get The Feeling That Obama Planned On Being a One Term... 
    link

rsmith6621 (1000+ posts)
    Original message
    Ever Get The Feeling That Obama Planned On Being a One Term...

....PRESIDENT???

He wont push Senators to support the public option.....He wont prosecute the former regime after boosting of being a supporter and enforcer of the constitution......he hasn't yet offered a the consumer a BAIL OUT......Has sold out to an extension of the Patriot Act...has not stopped the Bush NSA invasion of privacy.....and today he showed his lack of support for public education and teachers..

He is showing his support for the corporate sector more and more.... Not The Change I Voted For...
    Gman2 Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    Response to Original message
    2. Ever get the feeling that Rethugs wanted to lose THIS one?

That gramps was a plant. That GWB and ilk knew this would happen? That GWB intended the economy to collapse on Obama's head?
    The economy is as bad as it is because Obama won't do ANYTHING to encourage small businesses (or big businesses) or make things easier for them so that they can hire people. Obama has made this MUCH WORSE than it needed to be.
    Marr Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    11. I don't agree, actually. I think he and the rest of his DLC crew think its still 1995.

They're disconnected and don't realize how much worse things have become for the average worker, or how cynical and fed up we are. Triangulation will not fly in the current climate. Look how they reacted to the loss of that Massachusetts Senate seat. They really didn't seem to see it coming.
    They are arrogant, and they think we're all stupid and that they know better so they don't need to listen us. They just KNOW that we will like it once they pass whatever bill they are working on.
    stillwaiting (134 posts)
    16. When he recently said that he had to do what he felt needed to be done even if he would only be a one term President, I think it reflected on his penchant to push for pro-corporate policies despite how his base felt about those policies.

It would have been nice had we elected a Democrat that felt the same way and pushed for pro-working class policies.

It's hard to imagine my disgust with Obama's first year could get worse, but if the Repubs do indeed retake the House I imagine the next few years are going to be horrifying indeed.

And Obama WILL sign the legislation passed by the House and the Corporate controlled Senate.

Oh, Yes He CAN! And he will being all bipartisan and such
    Signing this bill is a sign of being BIPARTISAN???? Some DUers think that conservatives are just opposing Obama to oppose him but they really want the bill to pass. I'm not sure it this it what this is about.
    Kurt_and_Hunter Donating Member (1000+ posts) J
    17. Or a zero term president.

sometimes it seems like the real goal was getting the job, not what could be done with the job.
    He thought all he had to was use his charm, and everyone would do just what he wanted. He thought being president would be a piece of cake, not a hard job.
    Gin Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    Response to Reply #17
    38. I agree....once he got the job...mission accomplished

wasn't there a movie about a candidate who never thought he would win..but guess what...he won....the movie ended.

I have heard President Obama mention being a one term President many times...that made me wonder....I don't think I have ever heard a President say that.
    napi21 Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    36. NO! I think many of US heard what we wanted to hear. It's

been an unwritten but well understood rule that no new administration would ever prosecute a previous one for crime, and that rule has been in place an accepted for many years. I don't recall Obama ever saying he WOULD prosecute, but WE all wanted it so bad, and the offenses were so blatant, we just KNEW the Dems would go after them.

After all the bank bailouts that were put in motion under Bush, and the passage if the the stimulus bill I doubt he would ever be able to push a consumer bail out through congress & to be honest, I don't think we have the money to do it either.

As to the Patriot Act, I'm not privy to top security info & neither are you. Maybe there really IS justifiable cause to renew the parts of the Patriot Act. We did experience the "Underwear Bomber" on Christmas, and the arrest of several other people who had links to the same people in Yemen.

Although I am most likely much older than you, I think we are all a big part of an instant gratification society. We don't think he's done enough quickly enough. Each time I start thinking that way, I take a deep breath, think about how TERRIBLE the previous 8 years had been, realize what a BIG MESS he inherited, and smile that Obama is our President now.
    "we heard what we wanted to hear" BINGO!!
    Last edited by Carol; 03-13-2010 at 12:15 PM.

For claiming to be so politically astute, the DUmmies are pretty damned dumb. Obama's a POLTICIAN. He started running for 2012 on November 9, 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by FDK View Post
    For claiming to be so politically astute, the DUmmies are pretty damned dumb. Obama's a POLTICIAN. He started running for 2012 on November 9, 2008.
    And if that election were to be held tomorrow, Ted Williams' frozen head would blister Obama.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Gman2 Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    2. Ever get the feeling that Rethugs wanted to lose THIS one?

That gramps was a plant. That GWB and ilk knew this would happen? That GWB intended the economy to collapse on Obama's head?
    Once again DUmmies, is GWB a moron or a political super genius???
    You pinheads can't have it both ways. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!