Thread: Michele Bachmann: Pelosi Plays Dirty

1. #1 Michele Bachmann: Pelosi Plays Dirty 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Rep. Michele Bachmann is accusing House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s aides of ignoring sexual harassment charges against former Rep. Eric Massa (D-N.Y.) in hopes he would vote for health care overhaul legislation.

“The real story about Massa is that it appears Speaker [Nancy] Pelosi’s office may have known about the sexual harassment between him and his employees as of last October but they laid on that story,” she said in a speech in St. Paul, Minn.

“I’m not saying this is what is, but this is what it looks like. It looks like they laid on that story until they couldn’t get Massa’s vote then suddenly these charges got out and this guy was forced to resign. This is how dirty it’s getting.”

Pelosi's office responded with one word.

"Absurd," said spokesman Nadeam Elshami.

Bachmann had some more commentary about the state of political affairs in Washington to a rally of supporters in Minnesota.

She called President Barack Obama a “one-term president” and said his administration and the Democratic-led Congress has already taken over 30 percent of the economy.

She further claimed that Pelosi is threatening to file ethics complaints against Stupak because he won’t support health-care overhaul legislation.

“This is Pelosi’s oldest trick in the book,” she said. “If you cross Pelosi, they file ethics charges against you.”

“Liberalism doesn’t look very pretty in practice,” Bachmann said.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/34431.html

Other news: Drooling...A problem that can be licked!

Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    i thought he resigned

Banned
    I just hope that the soon to be Repub Speaker of the House remember how they have been treated and that payback is going to be hell.. ...just dreaming cause I know it won't happen. Calls for bipartisanship will be back in vogue when the sorry ass Democrats are in the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I just hope that the soon to be Repub Speaker of the House remember how they have been treated and that payback is going to be hell.. ...just dreaming cause I know it won't happen. Calls for bipartisanship will be back in vogue when the sorry ass Democrats are in the minority.
    I dunno, with the ass-whooping I suspect the Dems will receive in November, "bipartisanship" may take on a whole new meaning to the survivors.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." ~ Albert Einstein