1. #1 House may try to pass Senate health-care bill without voting on it 
    House may try to pass Senate health-care bill without voting on it

By Lori Montgomery and Paul Kane
    Washington Post Staff Writers
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010; A01

After laying the groundwork for a decisive vote this week on the Senate's health-care bill, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi suggested Monday that she might attempt to pass the measure without having members vote on it.

Instead, Pelosi (D-Calif.) would rely on a procedural sleight of hand: The House would vote on a more popular package of fixes to the Senate bill; under the House rule for that vote, passage would signify that lawmakers "deem" the health-care bill to be passed.

The tactic -- known as a "self-executing rule" or a "deem and pass" -- has been commonly used, although never to pass legislation as momentous as the $875 billion health-care bill. It is one of three options that Pelosi said she is considering for a late-week House vote, but she added that she prefers it because it would politically protect lawmakers who are reluctant to publicly support the measure.

"It's more insider and process-oriented than most people want to know," the speaker said in a roundtable discussion with bloggers Monday. "But I like it," she said, "because people don't have to vote on the Senate bill."

Link

These people have to be stopped. Un-fucking-real.
    Last edited by bijou; 03-16-2010 at 09:10 AM.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Link

These people have to be stopped. Un-fucking-real.
    This bill is so important, so desperately needed, so historic and yet, no Democrat wants to have his finger prints on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    This bill is so important, so desperately needed, so historic and yet, no Democrat wants to have his finger prints on it.
    These people are about as subtle as an atomic explosion. Every time I think these people can't shit on the Constitution enough they go and increase the fiber in their diet. And the stupid fucking sheep fall lockstep in line with them. Um, liberals of the board, please tell me how this is a good thing. You people were quick to jump all over Bush about his treatment of the Constitution, well, your people are doing ti out in the open for all to see and have not only shredded the Constitution, they've eaten the shreds, shat it out, then pissed on it for good measure.

And Speedy, that's because these people are spineless cowards.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Power CUer
    Let 'em. The American people will actually raise their heads from the trough and notice, if they do.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Let 'em. The American people will actually raise their heads from the trough and notice, if they do.
    I have no doubt that they will notice. But my fear is that they will notice the same way a Hereford does, stare with the same bovine stupidity, and then go back to the feed trough. Herefords never ask themselves where all the food comes from. Or why they're being fed so well.:)

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I posted a link in Politics---a link from Grassfire to sign a petition to be delivered to our beloved congressional representatives.

I hope the American people will notice, but doubt it. Don't underestimate the stupidity of the average American voter. Hate to say it, but have talked to some supposedly educated people who are totally clueless.