Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Barack Obama threatens to withdraw support from wavering Democrats 
    Barack Obama has said he will not campaign for any Democratic congressmen who fails to support health care reform.

By Alex Spillius in Washington
    Published: 6:44PM GMT 15 Mar 2010

The president will refuse to make fund-raising visits during November elections to any district whose representative has not backed the bill.

A one-night presidential appearance can bring in hundreds of thousands of dollars in funds which would otherwise take months to accumulate through cold-calling by campaign volunteers.

Mr Obama's threat came as the year-long debate over his signature domestic policy entered its final week.

Link

Is this guy for real? I would say that any wavering Democrat is wavering because they know they will get their ass handed to them in November because of following Obama's HC agenda. What the hell makes Barry think that they would WANT him campaigning for them when he is the reason they are about to join the ranks of the unemployed. Hilarity.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Banned
    The jugeared bastard does not have a clue!

My life gets better daily. My self satisfaction at the moronic efforts of this guy is through the roof. :p
    ...Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaguns91 View Post
    My life gets better daily. My self satisfaction at the moronic efforts of this guy is through the roof. :p
    I used to get really pissed off at his Idiotness, but now it is so funny to see him running around the country and seeming so obviously impotent.

Judging from his results over the last three, who want his support anyway?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

What kind of a piece of shit is he to threaten something like this? Isn't this the textbook definition of extortion? After his wonderful successes (not) getting people elected when he stumps for them, the Dems should be glad he's going to stay away from their districts.. That might just get some supporters to abandon the bill just to keep Barry away..
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

Banned
    I remember back in 2004 when John Kerry, wasn't he in Vietnam or something? Anyway John Kerry had some campaign event and Bill Clinton, fresh from heart surgery and looking like hammered, warmed over shit, came to speak on his behalf. After the speeches, everyone and I mean EVERYONE lined up to shake Clinton's hand and Kerry had to approach people to have them even take notice. At his own campaign event.

It won't be long before Obama is just as shunned.

OH NOES!11!1!! What ever will they do?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

If he really wanted to scare Congressmen into voting for this fetid bill, he should promise to tirelessly campaign on their behalf if they vote against it. :D

I just luv watching them eat their young
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots