1. #1 St. Paddy's Day Wednesday! 
    We will have some spectacular weather out here today (for March). Highs will be in the 60s for a couple of days right before everything tanks in time for the weekend. The expected snow and low temps will make for excellent spring skiing, however.

TOTD: Do you do anything special for St. Patrick's Day? On the radio they were saying that hundreds of people were already lined up in Denver to drink beer and eat Irish eggs (whatever those are). The guy said that St. Pat's was basically a "green Halloween" for adults.

I've got a corned beef brisket in the slow cooker and I'll put that together with cabbage, potatoes, carrots and soda bread tonight. I'm also wearing a green shirt to stave off any pinchers. That's it, though. So, what do you do?

Power CUer
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Irish-Eggs/Detail.aspx

That's just informational.

Neither one of us is remotely Irish, so we don't do anything in particular. I do have a corned beef in the freezer, where it will likely stay, since we're deep into real spring now.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post

Neither one of us is remotely Irish, so we don't do anything in particular. I do have a corned beef in the freezer, where it will likely stay, since we're deep into real spring now.
    That recipe looks like a sadly incomplete version of Western scrambled eggs to me. Ick.

What no jukebox?

TOTD: I pull out the one piece of orange clothing I have and I wear it today. :)
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Wearing my irish wool sweater today. I celebrate by cooking rack of lamb and potatoes with cabbage salad and a desert of irish cream creme brule.

Other than that I make sure someone drinks a guiness for me :)]
    ...Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    What no jukebox?

TOTD: I pull out the one piece of orange clothing I have and I wear it today. :)
    Here's my contribution to St. Patrick's Day for you Poli and your orange shirt:

[youtube]fP628Mv3GzQ[/youtube]

Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    We will have some spectacular weather out here today (for March). Highs will be in the 60s for a couple of days right before everything tanks in time for the weekend. The expected snow and low temps will make for excellent spring skiing, however.

TOTD: Do you do anything special for St. Patrick's Day? On the radio they were saying that hundreds of people were already lined up in Denver to drink beer and eat Irish eggs (whatever those are). The guy said that St. Pat's was basically a "green Halloween" for adults.

I've got a corned beef brisket in the slow cooker and I'll put that together with cabbage, potatoes, carrots and soda bread tonight. I'm also wearing a green shirt to stave off any pinchers. That's it, though. So, what do you do?
    Weather is warm in the high sixtes in the sun.The rain water is soaking into the ground and the rivers have gone down some.The forcaste is sunny and warm all week long .

Is the corned beef red or gray,Only the New York shanty Irish eat that red crap on Saint Paddys day and stay away from those green hard boiled eggs.

They'll give you the Green drizzles for days at a time BTW they usually show John Wayne In 'The Quiet Man' on TV during Saint Patrick's day.
    Last year they had a John Wayne marathon going on all Saint Patrick's day.
    with every movie Wayne ever played in along with several Victor McLaglen's
    epics like the 'Informer' .

Sea salt brine brisket is a pleasant variation from the normal cuisine for a change but too much is not an good option.We had a ten pound piece for a dinner for eight a few days ago and it went fast.It boils down into a much smaller piece and when everyone has had a few pieces it's mostly gone.

Any leftovers make a good breakfast hash especially if you add a few boiled beets making it into Yankee red flannel hash.My favorite breakfast is three dropped eggs(Soft Boiled) on pan fried corned beef hash with homemade steamed brown bread and oven baked Boston beans.

The red boiled uncured Jewish style brisket sliced very thinly and overstuffed in a sandwich is good on Jewish style Pumpernickel/Onion rye bread with swiss cheese,horse radish,mustard and with lots of Anchor Steam beer.

Pickled eggs,pickled pigs feet,pickled cabbage and the rest of that Polish bar room finger food is a killer gut buster to stay away from.In my youth South Boston on Saint Patrick's day was always a good time.Every Barroom had green dyed beer for a quarter and some kind of free sandwich spread at the bar.Nobody checked the ID's and as Long as you drank the beer you could eat the free food.

There were lots of friendly Irish pretty looking girls in long green poodle skirts and green sweaters roaming around and the South Boston Paddy's Day with parades going all the long day.Every Irish Sporting Society,Police Precinct,Fire House,Soccer sporting club and Barroom had an entry in the parade and they would go on for hours.

There was little trouble in the old days but now days it could cost you a few teeth and a knife in the gut drinking beer in South Boston on Saint Paddy's day.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post

Neither of us are remotely Irish either. We had chicken legs on the grill, using the cool little chicken leg holder that Patriot45 gave us when we were in Florida. SR loves using it.

Our only concession to St Patrick's Day was cabbage----in the form of coleslaw. :D

I worked for many years in Dogtown, the Irish area in St Louis. This was the first year that I didn't have to fret about getting my car out of the parking lot after work, dodging the floats parked near the tavern by our building, and worrying about all the drunks and my safety driving home.

It was much nicer out in the 'burbs, but not quite as interesting.

Went to a friends house for corned beef amd cabbage then sat down and watched this classic film....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgJxLNjMtgg
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf