Thread: Mindful Monday

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Mindful Monday 
    Still scorching here but some storms are headed for the Gulf so we may experience a "cold spell."

Two TOTDs today:

1. Shannon starts her new job (How did you get hired in this HORRIBLE Bush economy??). What time do you think she will finally have a few minutes to check in with CU?

2. The Olympics are around the corner; do you care?

Good luck Shannon, hope you wore Prada so they know what they are in for!

Hot and miserable here in the valley of the sun. And back to work after a glorious week off. Definitely have a case of the Mondays.

TOTD: 1) First, good luck today, Shannon! To answer your question, LL...she won't be able to stay away for long. If she can't sign in herself and whip the day threaders into shape, she'll do it by proxy.

2) I will definitely watch some of the events. One of the first things I did after I got high speed internet this weekend was find the site that will stream some events live (like Track and Field).

Power CUer
    TOTD:
    1. Shannon will be fine in her new job once she bends everyone to her will.
    2. I've never given a crap about the Olympics, never watched it, and I'm certainly not going to start this year.

TOTD #1 Shannon has the shoes for any job so I'm sure she will do very well indeed.

TOTD #2 I'm not too interested anymore. Now that hormonally-altered men can compete in women's events, there doesn't seem much point to it.

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post

1. Shannon starts her new job (How did you get hired in this HORRIBLE Bush economy??). What time do you think she will finally have a few minutes to check in with CU?
    Shannon

Last Activity: Today 07:44 AM :D

TOTD#1 Well, I didn't get any panic-stricken phone calls at work so all went well on her first day!

TOTD#2 Who cares...NFL Preseason football officially kicked off last night...woohoo! (kidding...we watch it of course, and probably will this time too....go USA!!!!)
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    I had a fine first day at work. I received many compliments on my dress and my shoes.:D

TOTD 1: I'm going to be too busy trying to figure out what the hell I'm doing this week to check on y'all. Ginger will have to be the day thread Nazi.

TOTD 2: I like watching some events. I like the gymnastics the best.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Hot & Humid here today big time! I was out around 2:45 and it was 101. It
    was 104 coming home! I was going to cut the lawn...was being the key word there. :D

Our office building had a heat malfunction in one of the elevators around noon that set off
    the fire alarms so the whole building was out in this heat. Two women passed out and
    needed some medical care. Problem was an overheating motor, no fire thankfully. Still we
    were standing around outside for almost 2 hours. I went to a nearby PETCO for a while to
    get outta the heat.

Shannon was no doubt too busy at work and is now shoe shopping.

Couldn't care less about the smoggy Games. :p
    May the FORCE be with you!

I knew you would do well!

Do you find that after a day or two watching the Olympics, you become a little "too" familiar with the lingo?

hmm, he came out of his reverse pike a little prematurely for that degree of difficulty....

or Wow, she executed that dismount after a backward walkover

My kids used to say "Mom!!!"

Glad to hear that the first day went well. You went with the super short skirt and high heels, didn't you? :D

I'll watch some of the Olympics. I like the track and field and the swimming events. I just wish they'd knock off the up close and personal stories. I don't care. I just want to see them run or swim really really fast!

This weekend I was at a resort that had mostly foreign kids working there. I kept wanting the little waitress from Bulgaria to do a dismount after she served me my drinks! :D