Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by JBG View Post
    Legally he should win. There may be private consequences for speech since the First Amendment applies only to his interactions with governmental bodies. If the University is public it's First Amendment protected, in my view.
    He can say whatever he wants. You can say whatever you want. But all actions have consequences whether they are in the open or done on the sly. Look at the number of people in the public that have lost jobs (public and private) over expressing their views or expressing their views in a manner that some deem inappropriate.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    He can say whatever he wants. You can say whatever you want. But all actions have consequences whether they are in the open or done on the sly. Look at the number of people in the public that have lost jobs (public and private) over expressing their views or expressing their views in a manner that some deem inappropriate.
    That's true if the employer in question is not a governmental entity. Not in this matter.
    If it's us or them, I choose us.
    ============================
    Freedom speaks English.
    ============================
    September 11; a moment of great moral clarity

Quote Originally Posted by JBG View Post
    That's true if the employer in question is not a governmental entity. Not in this matter.
    Whether he is sanctioned officially or unofficially, he will deal with reprecussions because that seems to be the America way. That is the point I was trying to get at. Just because a court states that he has been wronged it will not end the wrongs that are being done to him. They'll just make it less obvious.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis