1. #1 Michael Moore's sad but very true message 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Mikey Moore is Sad... :(

I won't post the whole screed, you can read it all if you dare...

Matariki (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-17-10 01:06 PM
    Original messageMichael Moore's sad but very true message

Wednesday, March 17th, 2010

Friends,

It was amazing. Every story on the front page of Tuesday's New York Times told the story of the Age of Greed during which a system known as capitalism is slowly, but surely, killing us:

Insurance company greed: "Millions Spent to Sway Democrats on Health Care"

War profiteers: "Contractors Tied to Effort to Track and Kill Militants"

There's no profit in repairing our infrastructure: "Repair Costs Daunting as Water Lines Crumble"

China, the bank: "China Uses Rules on Global Trade to Its Advantage"

You mean NAFTA didn't improve life in Mexico: "Two Drug Slayings in Mexico Rock US Consulate"

What happens when Big Food profits from hurting kids: "Forget Goofing Around: Recess Has New Boss"

Within days, the House of Representatives will vote to pass the Senate health care "reform" bill. This bill is a joke. It has NOTHING to do with "health care reform." It has EVERYTHING to do with lining the pockets of the health insurance industry. :eek: It forces, by law, every American who isn't old or destitute to buy health insurance if their boss doesn't provide it. What company wouldn't love the government forcing the public to buy that company's product?! Imagine a bill that ordered every citizen to buy the extended warranty on all their appliances? Imagine a law that made it illegal not to own an iPhone? Or how 'bout I get a law passed that makes it compulsory for every American to go see my next movie? Woo-hoo! Who wouldn't love a sweet set-up like this windfall?

Well, the insurance companies -- get this -- don't like the Democrats' bill! That alone should be reason enough to vote for it.

Please, Democrats -- just say that -- then pass this poor excuse of a bill. Pass it because, if President Obama takes a fall on this one, I don't know if he'll be able to get back up. And then NOTHING will get done. We can't have that. (And thank you Dennis Kucinich for hanging in there right up to the end and being the only one out of the 435 members to speak the awful truth.)

This is an American tragedy. And, as I've warned you for years, this tsunami is heading your way -- if it's not there already.

I've just turned on my new iPhone and it informs me that it has "apps" it would like to suggest I buy. One is called "Scanner." It will allow me to listen in on police scanners anywhere across the country. I buy the app. I see that the Flint police scanner is part of this. I turn it on out of curiosity. And this is what I hear, at one in the morning: A woman is being beaten by her husband... A home invasion is taking place ("16-year-old black male, wearing a white skull cap")... A child has been missing since noon today... Another woman is being beaten by her boyfriend... A diabetic, obese man is having trouble breathing and needs to be rushed to the hospital (there will be three more of these obese diabetics in the hours to come; the entire town is ill)... One more woman calling, screaming for help, "officers urged to use caution..."

...And on and on and on. This is what I have listened to before going to bed. I am filled with despair and helplessness as I hear my former neighbors crying out for help. I hate it. I have to turn it off. I start to cry. Thank you, iPhone. Thank you, Democrats. I'll sleep better knowing that you're looking out for all of us.

Bastards.

Michael Moore
    MMFlint@aol.com
    MichaelMoore.com

P.S. I'll continue my jihad today on Dylan Ratigan (MSNBC, 4pm ET) and, for the first time together in the same studio since our, um, 2007 debate, I'll join Wolf Blitzer live in his CNN Studio (5-8pm, ET). I'll also be on live for the entire 11am hour this morning on the wonderful Diane Rehm Show on NPR. You can listen live online here.

The rest of the day I'll spend wandering the halls of Congress with my shillelagh and shamrocks, doing my best impersonation of St. Patrick as I try to drive the snakes out of Capitol Hill. Wish me luck...

DUmmies love it though.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Ah, never a moment when Moore tries to find some excuse to bash capitalism. Most of these issues were brought about by the government in the first place. Also,
    I've just turned on my new iPhone and it informs me that it has "apps" it would like to suggest I buy. One is called "Scanner." It will allow me to listen in on police scanners anywhere across the country. I buy the app. I see that the Flint police scanner is part of this. I turn it on out of curiosity. And this is what I hear, at one in the morning: A woman is being beaten by her husband... A home invasion is taking place ("16-year-old black male, wearing a white skull cap")... A child has been missing since noon today... Another woman is being beaten by her boyfriend... A diabetic, obese man is having trouble breathing and needs to be rushed to the hospital (there will be three more of these obese diabetics in the hours to come; the entire town is ill)... One more woman calling, screaming for help, "officers urged to use caution..."
    Mr. Moore, if you view Flint as a failure in terms of crime, then you're essentially viewing liberalism as a failure overall. Michigan was viewed as a liberal paradise, so naturally when all of those programs imploded, you're left with a wrecked economy, which creates a lot of crime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hhJ_49leBw

I never understood why liberals are obsessed with sob stories. No wonder they're miserable all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by swirling_vortex View Post
    Ah, never a moment when Moore tries to find some excuse to bash capitalism. Most of these issues were brought about by the government in the first place. Also,

Mr. Moore, if you view Flint as a failure in terms of crime, then you're essentially viewing liberalism as a failure overall. Michigan was viewed as a liberal paradise, so naturally when all of those programs imploded, you're left with a wrecked economy, which creates a lot of crime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hhJ_49leBw

I never understood why liberals are obsessed with sob stories. No wonder they're miserable all the time.

Thanks so much for posting that video! I wanted to post it in the Worst Cities thread earlier because I saw it a while back, but I couldn't find it. It is so revealing of Liberal policies at work.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Notice that this age of greed kicked into high gear as libs around the world worked to remove those evil, old fashioned values from every corner of society. Same thing with those horrors on your police scanner. Put in all that work telling kids and adults that they are nothing but random chance, nothing they do is thier fault, it's all society, your parents, your surroundings, that sex and reproduction is no big deal, and you get people with no restraint or respect for themselves, others, life or property....

/end rant

I like that MM admits that the bill has to pass or Obama has 3 years as a lame duck. It all boils down to the politics doesn't it? Not doing the right thing, not helping people, not improving the country, just pure, unadulterated politics. I am really starting to hope that the tsunami does hit, and is a serious, nationwide conservative, originalist revolution, peaceful if possible, if not, so be it.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Quote Originally Posted by swirling_vortex View Post

Moore's talking about Flint is simultaneously funny and infuriating, and reveals what a lying, hypocritical, and generally bad man he is, mainly for two reasons:
    1. He had no problem exploiting the people of Flint and portraying them as stupid hicks in his film 'Roger & Me.'
    2. Contrary to his claims here, the people of Flint are NOT his neighbors. Despite what he'd claim, Moore is not actually from Flint. He was born and raised in a town called Davison, which is near Flint geographically, but the similarities end there. Flint (Where he claims to be from) was long a mostly quite poor, working class city with a large minority population, whereas Davison (Where he actually WAS from) is a wealthy, lily- white suburb whose inhabitants were often the bosses and managers of the workers living in Flint.