1. #1 Army softens training for recruits 
    Last November, Curt Gilroy, the Pentagon's director of accessions, told Army Times that most American teens were obese, out of shape and plagued by illness because of "couch potato syndrome."

"Kids are just not able to do push-ups, and they can't do pull-ups, and they can't run," he said.

Fortunately, the new Army workout plan doesn't ask them to.
    http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/..._for_recr.html

when i was in HS we had something called PE - physical training. is that gone now???? couch potato syndrome. my couch training was uh a little different
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

When I got into high school in 98, we were only required to take 1 year of PE. My first day at my new school, I noticed that I was one of the few people in my class not winded by the initial warm up.

I find this interesting though. Army is softening it's standards while the AF is making them tougher then the Army's. So much for the Chair Force.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Banned
    I live near a boys Catholic H.S.,a girls Catholic H.S. and a magnet school. I see these kids jogging in the neighborhood on a regular basis; very few are overweight. Reducing the training requirements for Army recruits is pretty pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I live near a boys Catholic H.S.,a girls Catholic H.S. and a magnet school. I see these kids jogging in the neighborhood on a regular basis; very few are overweight. Reducing the training requirements for Army recruits is pretty pathetic.
    Agreed.. It's mainly the government schools where you'll see kids not being asked to do anything but learn Spanish.
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

OORAH. :D
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn View Post

OORAH. :D
    It was not like that when I was in the Army which was way before your time.