Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 The Creation of a Perfect Politically Correct Society Continues in Britan 
    From the "and you thought things were bad here" file:

Police banned from asking for someone's 'Christian' name because it might offend those of other faiths

Police officers have been banned from asking for 'Christian' names for fear of offending other religions.

Officers taking down a suspect's particulars must now refer to their 'personal' or 'family name' as the word 'Christian' could offend Muslims, Sikhs and other faiths, according to new diversity guidelines.

They state bobbies on the beat should refrain from using phrases such as 'my dear' or 'love', when addressing women for fear it may cause embarrassment or offence.
    Well-meaning gestures like handshakes or putting a comforting arm around a victim or grieving family member are also prohibited as it could be deemed 'unprofessional'.

The handbook produced by Kent Police, which aims to 'promote clearer communication' and 'break down barriers' with diverse communities, advises officers to avoid language like 'Christian' name or surname.

They are also warned not to use terms like afternoon or evening as it could confuse people of 'different cultural backgrounds' about the time of day.

The 62-page 'Faith and Culture Resource' booklet produced by the force's diversity support group sets out customs and practices in a number of religions and beliefs including paganism and rastafarianism.

In it, officers are told to offer to remove their shoes on entering people's homes as some religions frown upon shoes being worn inside the home.

Other handy tips for police include wiping their feet to get rid of mud when entering a gypsy's trailer and not to put a cup of proffered tea on the floor as this could offend their standards of cleanliness.

The booklet also contains a section on appropriate terms to describe ethnic origin, suggesting 'mixed parentage' or 'mixed cultural heritage' should be used instead of mixed race'.

Staff are warned that when speaking to someone from Africa or Asia, they should refer to their specific country rather than the continent as a whole.

The rulebook has been described by Kent Police Federation secretary Peter Harman as a 'useful and educational reference guide to dealing with different communities'.

But it has angered some rank and file officers who say it is politically correct nonsense.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Attempting to be respective of cultures other than your own?

I just got so mad I shit myself.

Banned
    I remember one Robocop movie, it was either 2 or 3 where Robocop is given an upgrade and as part of the upgrade the engineers decide that the four prime directives are not enough. They decide that he should process enviromental and cultural issues before taking any action. The result was that the PC Robocop was being driven completely insane by having to do this. Looks like Britain is on the same path to insanity.

If only we were all robots. *sigh*...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Attempting to be respective of cultures other than your own?

I just got so mad I shit myself.
    No you DUmabass. The point is being respective of other cultures to the detriment of your own. But you would not know anything about that would you? You surrendered a long time ago.

Help my culture was just murdered by your culture. Police!!!

Banned
    Help my culture was just murdered by your culture. Police!!!
    And your asshatness continues to shine through.

Help me someone. Someone has different customs than I do, it's making it all seem so....so...relative.

*pre-post-modern existential crisis*

Help me someone. Someone has different customs than I do, it's making it all seem so....so...relative.

*pre-post-modern existential crisis*
    They are more than welcome to have their different culture - and different beliefs. What they are not welcome to do is to force me to change my culture and my beliefs out of fear that they might be offended. Offense is the gift you give yourself.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

If only we were all robots. *sigh*...
    Looking at some of your posts, I think you're already there.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf