Thread: Whiny Wednesday

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Same - same here: Overcast till 10AM, then plenty of sun and a nice breeze / 72 degrees.

TOTD: News - from any source - requires an independent thought process to filter. If your mental filter is clogged and you’re just too lazy to change the cartridge - then your head gets full of stuff that’s on the floor - like cat hair.

I never watch FOX or visit its website. Completely biased news and untrustworthy. Although occasionally I will turn on MSNBC to watch Keith Olbermann.

At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    I never watch FOX or visit its website. Completely biased news and untrustworthy. Although occasionally I will turn on MSNBC to watch Keith Olbermann.
    You believe that Olbermann is unbiased and trustworthy? I think we're finally getting to the root of your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    You believe that Olbermann is unbiased and trustworthy?
    You're quite the 'Projector Boy', huh? Where, exactly, did I say that.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Thanks Jen! I feel better.:p
    :mad:

As though my day hasn't gotten off to a great start already, my co-worker shouts over the partition to me this morning, "Did you read the text of Obama's speech?"

"No," I mumble.

"Oh, it's beautiful. Unreal."

I don't say anything in return. I just want to hop over there and smack her.

Don't people know it's rude to discuss politics at work?

Patent Member
    You're quite the 'Projector Boy', huh? Where, exactly, did I say that.
    It's implied. You said that you don't watch Fox because it is biased and untrustworthy. By implication we can assume that you do not patronize biased and untrustworthy sources. Therefore, by stating that you watch Olbermann, you are asserting that you find Olbermann unbiased and trustworthy.

You should really think before you post.

Obviously you were trying, however poorly, to criticize my own post by imitation. The problem is that obviously you do not understand the use of the word "although." In my case, I used the term "although" to represent an exception to my refusal to watch CNN. In case you don't know, Headline News is owned by CNN. Therefore, by saying "I never watch CNN, although I sometimes tune in to Headline News," I am asserting that while I do not patronize CNN itself, I will make the occasional exception when it comes to their subsidiary.

In your case, your use of the word "although" is, at best, nonsensical. Olbermann is not a Fox News employee, therefore watching him could not be an exception to your normal distance from Fox News. More likely it is the case as I described above.

Don't you have an Obama rally to go to or something?

Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    It's implied.

Don't you have an Obama rally to go to or something?
    The "implied" thing sounds just like one of the reasons we occupied Iraq: Saddam was thinking about making nuclear weapons. Keith Olbermann is amusing - same reason you watch Glen Beck. About as deep as a kitten’s milk saucer. Get over yourself already.

Oh, and just to re-reiterate:

Because we can’t copy and paste the archives from the previous site, I will - again - publicly state, for this knob’s education: I have no choice but to vote for Mr. John McCain, as a matter of loyalty to my father - who served with the man. That’s it - end of story.

(I can do this just as long as you wish to insult the memory of an MCPO of the USN)

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by jendf View Post
    "Oh, it's beautiful. Unreal."

I don't say anything in return. I just want to hop over there and smack her.
    You need to have your snappy comebacks ready. I would have responded, "I don't doubt it. Most of what he says is unreal."

Patent Member
    (I can do this just as long as you wish to insult the memory of an MCPO of the USN)
    Who said I'm insulting anyone besides you? It's too bad we don't have access to the old forum, or I'd show evidence of your disrespect for the US military.

If your father served with Senator McCain, or in the armed forces at all, he has my respect. But considering how much you dislike the military, and the fact that you're a left wing nutjob, I find it hard to believe you will vote for McCain.

I've said it before, you may claim to be voting for McCain now, but once you're in the booth, you will cast your vote for Obama.

No politics in the Lounge, guys. You know the rulz. ;)