Thread: Whiny Wednesday

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Whiny Wednesday 
    Temps are dropping here and it looks like we are in for rain. The hot season veggies may need a blanket tonight if the forecast pans out. I'm planning a big Fourth of July thing but if any more idiocy happens, I may just eat at McDonald's instead and leave the whiny people to themselves.

TOTD: Where do you get your news? What news outlets do you consider reliable? Unreliable? Does TV broadcast news matter anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap1 View Post
    Temps are dropping here and it looks like we are in for rain. The hot season veggies may need a blanket tonight if the forecast pans out. I'm planning a big Fourth of July thing but if any more idiocy happens, I may just eat at McDonald's instead and leave the whiny people to themselves.

TOTD: Where do you get your news? What news outlets do you consider reliable? Unreliable? Does TV broadcast news matter anymore?
    I asked GS to delete my too-early Thursday threads, folks...I'll redo it tomorrow...

TOTD: Fox News as far as TV goes...the other news channels just for a good laugh....I rarely read newspapers or much in the way of news-stuff online...except for what may be posted here...oh, I do get teased a lot for being a local news junkie...I prefer Channel 6 here in Central Fla...
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

Patent Member
    Rain last night, fog today. I suppose it's a fairly good day, weather-wise.

TOTD: Watch Fox in the mornings, read the local newspaper in the evenings for local happenings, and I'll usually get on Drudge during the day. Google News is fairly good, it is a nice way to search for related topics in the news.

I never watch CNN or visit its website. Completely biased news and untrustworthy. Although occasionally I will turn on Headline News to watch Glen Beck.

Power CUer
    TOTD: No network news; I can't remember the last time I watched that. I listen to the radio when I'm getting ready in the mornings; I see the Washington Post at home before I leave the house.

At work, as part of my job, I review the following publications every day:
    Washington Post
    Washington Times
    New York Times
    The Times (London)
    Financial Times
    Wall Street Journal
    ... and do daily Nexis searches on specific topics of interest to my corporation.

The only newsmagazine I subscribe to any more is The Economist; news magazines in the United States have devolved into cartoon fluff. I also get BusinessWeek and Fortune.

So, I see and hear a lot every day, from various sources.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    I'm going to some sort of school picnic today. Joy.

TOTD: Fox news in the morning and then Rush at noon. Sometimes I listen to Hannity too . I don't remember the last time I read the paper.:eek:
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

I went to bed too late and woke up feeling very cranky. I spilled my morning cup of coffee on the floor of my car. I feel old, fat, and hopeless.

TOTD: I don't have cable. Whenever possible, I avoid local network coverage because the perky personalities grate on my last nerve without fail.

Online news is where it's at!

Mostly online. I do try to catch a late local newscast to keep up with what's happening in town.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jendf View Post
    I went to bed too late and woke up feeling very cranky. I spilled my morning cup of coffee on the floor of my car. I feel old, fat, and hopeless.
    Thanks Jen! I feel better.:p
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Thanks Jen! I feel better.:p
    Well, she's not really fat but you really are old. :p

*runs*

TOTD

I get the "Raw" news from radio, FNC for television and Drudge. If it is more than a curiosity story I will do an in depth search and pull two or three articles and average the info to try to distill it to pure story.

I watch Brit Hume on FNC for hard news coverage and ignore the "Analysis" programs for the most part. Although I dearly love Bill O'Reilly. I just don't take what he says at more than the face value I do from anyone else because what he says is colored by his analysis and opinions.

MSNBC and the networks are worthless. Whatever objectivity they had in the tone of their coverage fled ages ago.