Thread: Friday thread

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Friday thread 
    Power CUer
    Gorgeous sunny day in the DC area, and I intend to be out in it after lunch.

TOTD:

"And so it ends, with a health-care vote expected this weekend. I wonder at what point the administration will realize it wasn't worth itóworth the discord, worth the diminution in popularity and prestige, worth the deepening of the great divide. What has been lost is so vivid, what has been gained so amorphous, blurry and likely illusory. Memo to future presidents: Never stake your entire survival on the painful passing of a bad bill. Never take the country down the road to Demon Pass."

From a Wall Street Journal op ed this morning. I think it's sadly true. Thoughts? Will people be watching any of this debacle on CSPAN this weekend?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Gorgeous sunny day in the DC area, and I intend to be out in it after lunch.

TOTD:

"And so it ends, with a health-care vote expected this weekend. I wonder at what point the administration will realize it wasn't worth itóworth the discord, worth the diminution in popularity and prestige, worth the deepening of the great divide. What has been lost is so vivid, what has been gained so amorphous, blurry and likely illusory. Memo to future presidents: Never stake your entire survival on the painful passing of a bad bill. Never take the country down the road to Demon Pass."

From a Wall Street Journal op ed this morning. I think it's sadly true. Thoughts? Will people be watching any of this debacle on CSPAN this weekend?
    I suspect that pride will never let them see or admit to the damage this whole thing is doing to the democratic party. They will blame it on conservative descent and whatever else they can use as a scapegoat, but it won't be their fault or the a problem with the healthcare reform.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

It's dark, cold, and snowing a lot. I'm very happy that I overcame my natural inclination toward sloth and put down fertilizer after work last night. This is the perfect kind of storm to soak nutrients into the lawn. :)

TOTD: I try to avoid the news on the weekends. I have already dedicated my future voting strategy to campaigning against incumbents, voting for conservatives, and promoting the Fair Tax (it ain't perfect but it's better than what we've got).

The Democrats have probably lost me as a potential voter for the next couple of decades. I have voted for Blue Dog-type Democrats in the past occasionally but that's over for me now.
    Last edited by Gingersnap; 03-19-2010 at 09:31 AM.

Warming here low 60's today... NASTY weekend forecast; rain snow mix :(

The Dems are done. The American people will not forget how they raked us over the coals for their own self-serving interests. Hope it was worth it 0....
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Power CUer
    It's supposed to be in the low seventies today and tomorrow. I may even wash the car. :)
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Thoughts? Will people be watching any of this debacle on CSPAN this weekend?

Why bother watching? Watching Democrats is like watching a muskrat as it chews off three of its legs and is still left with one caught in the trap.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Why bother watching? Watching Democrats is like watching a muskrat as it chews off three of its legs and is still left with one caught in the trap.
    LMAO! :D

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    TOTD: Um, no, I'll be watching the NCAA tournament and golf, maybe some spring training baseball.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

It's beautiful here, today, and I'm having a good day. It's about 65 and sunny, which is as good as it gets for a March day in Michigan.

I'm having a good day because:

1. I found a $20 bill outside of the restaurant I got my lunch at.

and

2. The guy I sort of have a crush on gave me a license plate holder for my car, because it matched my shirt. It's good to know he's paying attention.

I'm babysitting for my nieces this weekend, so it's an iCarly weekend. At least they are over Spongebob.

Is iCarly a robot? That sounds like a robot name.