Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansel View Post
    You are so right. The name of the game for the clowns is to get it on the books knowing full well it will remain there. Maybe the thing can be modified as time goes on?
    Nope. Any attempt to modify it would be met with the same as the GOP attempt to modify social insecurity.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Problem is the Republicans don't give a rat's ass about us either. Oh, and once it's passed, it will be impossible to repeal.

And for the record, I'm against it. Too much shitty ass stupid shit in the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Problem is the Republicans don't give a rat's ass about us either. Oh, and once it's passed, it will be impossible to repeal.

And for the record, I'm against it. Too much shitty ass stupid shit in the bill.
    That's easy to say. How many GOP voted for this?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by swirling_vortex View Post
    Basically, the author is saying that if we let the Democrats pass this bill, then that will generate a significant backlash in favor of the GOP in 2010. On a short-term gain, that holds true. However, entitlement programs are almost impossible to get rid of. Look at the wrath against Bush from both sides when he wanted to privatize parts of Social Security. Once this bill gets in, it's not going away and it's simply going to create more problems until everyone is forced to go with a single-payer system. The goal of this bill isn't to win the 2010 election, it's simply one more stick in the ground that liberals can use to weaken the conservative movement. If we don't stop this, then we're going to end up like the UK where basically every party is a left-wing party. Even the Conservative party outright supports the NHS. This is our future if we don't do anything:

http://www.conservatives.com/Policy/...nd/Health.aspx
    You may be right about the popularity of entitlement programs. In this case there are bennies for those making a lot of money so I don't see this thing going away. I mean, if a family making 85 k a year cannot afford healthcare then they need to check their spending priorities. My wife and I live less than half of that and we pay for our healthcare premiums, Medigap and Medicare. No one is helping us pay our premiums other than the benefits of my wife's retirement program, which is private in origin and not at the taxpayer's expense.