Thread: "Rotted Pizza" Theory Debunked In Tot's Disappearance.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 "Rotted Pizza" Theory Debunked In Tot's Disappearance. 
    Anthony's "Rotten Pizza Theory" Tested By Eyewitness News
    POSTED: 3:58 pm EDT July 31, 2008
    UPDATED: 5:23 pm EDT July 31, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla. -- One of the biggest clues detectives have in the case of missing 2-year-old Caylee Anthony is a foul stench in the trunk of the car her mother, Casey, was driving. The family claimed the stench wasn't caused by Caylee's body, but instead by a rotted pizza.

Eyewitness News has had plenty of viewers question how an old pizza could be confused with a decomposing body. Caylee's grandmother said that the car didn't smell of death, but instead rotting pizza in the trunk. So, Eyewitness News decided leave one in a car to see what happened.

It's not the most scientific experiment, but it might shed light on the validity of the "rotting pizza theory." Eyewitness News took a basic Domino's Meatzza pizza and put the leftovers inside a locked car in the Florida sun.

"It smells like there was a dead body in the damn car," Cindy Anthony told a 911 dispatcher in a call to turn in her daughter.

A detective told prosecutors he smelled it, too.

"The evidence of decomposition would lead you to believe, would it not, that there is the possibility that this child is no longer alive?" the prosecutor asked Det. Yuri Melich.

"Yes, that can be concluded," he said during court room testimony.

"How do you deal with what they're saying about in the trunk of the car?" Eyewitness News later asked Cindy Anthony.

"There was a bag of pizza for like 12 days in the trunk of the car full of maggots. It stunk so bad, you know how hot it's been," she said.

But the Eyewitness News experiment doesn't support the smelly pizza theory after temperatures in the 90s. After seven days, the moisture was gone from the pizza and it had the consistency of shoe leather. More importantly, you have to get really close to smell anything and, when you do, the smell is pizza.

Channel 9 managing editor Joel Davis volunteered his car for the experiment.

"About every other day I've taken a look at it. The first day or two, you open the trunk and you have the smell of pizza. But after that, nothing," he said. "No smell whatsoever."
    Investigative journalism still lives!

WFTV

Investigators expect to have results this week on crucial DNA evidence taken from Casey Anthony's car. Investigators said they found stain in the trunk of Casey Anthony's car, hair samples and a bad smell coming from the trunk. Police question if the stain is biological or not. That question is expected to be answered when the DNA test results from the stain come back this week.
    http://www.wftv.com/news/17084571/detail.html

This story is killing me. Caylee Anthony looks SO much like my granddaughter and they are almost exactly the same age.

I'm starting to fear this will turn out to be like the Jon Benet Ramsey case with investigators making critical screw-ups and allowing someone to get away with murder.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

Quote Originally Posted by jinxmchue View Post
    I'm starting to fear this will turn out to be like the Jon Benet Ramsey case with investigators making critical screw-ups and allowing someone to get away with murder.
    They cleared the family after driving them crazy in that case.

gator
    My son works with a friend of the mother. They have know each other since grade school. The mother is a loser cokehead. The most likely senario is that the child was taken because the mother owed drug money or something. She probably didn't kill the child.

Doesn’t law enforcement have canines trained specifically in corpse location and identification?
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Two separate cadaver dogs hit on the car, indicating the scent of death.
    http://www.postchronicle.com/news/or...12161535.shtml

'Turn out the lights, the party's over...'
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

The big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    'Turn out the lights, the party's over...'
    WTF?!!?

Why post this in response to a sad story of a little boy missing?

You are fucking twisted....
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafod View Post
    You are fucking twisted....
    No idiot - it was in regard to the person that cause it and then claimed it was rotten pizza. Hello?