Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Anchorage Man Kills Neighbor's Chihuahua With Shotgun 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    A long-standing neighborhood conflict over roaming dogs escalated when a 74-year-old man fired a shotgun out a window of his home, killing a loose Chihuahua and landing himself in jail on criminal charges, according to police.
    snip
    Mueller leveled a semiautomatic .410-bore shotgun loaded with bird shot out an opened window and shot the animal on the street at a corner of his property, police Lt. Dave Parker said. Faux Pas was about 20 feet away from the window.
    A neighbor outside shoveling snow heard a shot, looked over and saw the dog, Parker said. The man told police the small dog was "bleeding and squirming in the snow," Parker said. He got into an argument with Mueller about shooting the dog, then Mueller came out and bagged the then-dead dog, he said.
    snip
    "I really didn't mean to make a killing shot on it. I just wanted to tickle it, is all I did, and I missed tickling it," Mueller said. "I'm sorry for shooting the dog, but I'm glad it's gone. It's just been a pain in my side here for a long time and those people just wouldn't do nothing about it."

http://www.adn.com/2010/03/18/119003...neighbors.html

Am I the only one seeing the irony of the dog named Faux Pas?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

"It's his right to keep his dog in any particular way that he wants to," Glasgow said. "But the problem of it is that when you keep a female dog out like that, other dogs are going to come into your yard. What he's saying is that my dog is out of control and running through the neighborhood. What I'm trying to tell him is, 'The only reason my dog was at your house was because you're keeping a bitch in heat outside.' "
    If you had kept your 'dog' properly tied up he would not be out roaming the neighborhood - to come anywhere near the bitch in heat. he was wrong to shoot the dog, but if you had kept control of your dog there never would have been a problem in the first place.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    If you had kept your 'dog' properly tied up he would not be out roaming the neighborhood - to come anywhere near the bitch in heat. he was wrong to shoot the dog, but if you had kept control of your dog there never would have been a problem in the first place.
    However, it was a chihuahua not a pit bull.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    To a man of Poli's stature a chihuahua is a pit bull and a pit bull is a monster!:D

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    And that justifies leaving the dog unleashed?

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    surprised that an eagle didn't mistake the chihuahua for a rat and eat it

Dogs get loose even when leased and in a fenced in yard. Unfortunate but it does happen.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Just being unleashed does not justify shooting the dog or even just trying to tickel it with a .410.

This guy should have been arrested and should pay restitution. He deserves at least 30 days in jail. Keep in mind I have a limited ammount of information. That chihuahua could have been in attack mode.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Big Guy View Post
    Just being unleashed does not justify shooting the dog or even just trying to tickel it with a .410.

This guy should have been arrested and should pay restitution. He deserves at least 30 days in jail. Keep in mind I have a limited ammount of information. That chihuahua could have been in attack mode.
    I done said he was out of line for shooting the ratdog - but as I said - if the ratdog had been properly restrained - and from the story it's clear that this ratdog is often left out to wander - the shooter never would have had cause.