Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Arrest Made in Wal-Mart Intercom Case 
    Now this announcement was in poor taste, but cause to arrest someone? We have truly become a nation of laws to protect the thin skinned.

A man has been arrested for allegedly announcing a hateful message over a South Jersey Wal-Mart's intercom, police told NBC Philadelphia.

The unidentified man, who is from Atlantic County, N.J., was taken into custody Friday evening, police said.

Officials are staying tight-lipped on the arrest, but more details are expected to be released at a press conference Saturday.

Several shoppers have been boycotting the retailer since last Sunday when a man accessed the Washington Township, N.J. store's public address system and announced: "Attention Wal-Mart customers: All black people leave the store now."

The store immediately admonished the remarks and issued an apology to shoppers in the store and then through the media several days later.

In the wake of the incident, angry and offended customers lambasted the store for the ease at which someone could make a storewide page through several phones inside the store.

Wal-Mart said Friday that an internal investigation uncovered new evidence suggesting that a shopper may have made the page.
    Washington Township Police and the Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office have been investigating the case as a possible hate crime.

Authorities have previously said the person responsible could be charged with harassment and bias intimidation.
    Story is here

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

I hope they seek the death penalty in this case. What those poor people have been through, this will give them closure!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I hope they seek the death penalty in this case. What those poor people have been through, this will give them closure!
    Not if that is a 24 hour Walmart.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Like Joanne98 of DU, I'm OUTRAGED at this arrest!!!

Clear discrimination against prank Wal-Mart announcers!!! :mad:;):D
    May the FORCE be with you!

I love how they are planning to charge him with thought crimes. While I think this guy is clearly an asshole, the ACLU or some other group should take up his cause.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    I love how they are planning to charge him with thought crimes. While I think this guy is clearly an asshole, the ACLU or some other group should take up his cause.
    Well at least he didn't call Barney Frank a fag or something. That would have crossed the line!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Well at least he didn't call Barney Frank a fag or something. That would have crossed the line!
    Just because something is wrong and distasteful does not mean it should be deemed to be a crime.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Since we now file felony charges against a 5 yr old for pointing a 'finger pistol'
    at other kids in his kindergarten class....this is Wal-mart dude is toast.

Banned
    I think that it was stupid and stupidity should never be free. While I don't really give a shit how the Black folks felt, this stupidity will cost walmart customers and I am nothing if not a committed capitalist. The kid wanted to be stupid and pull a prank on blacks at walmart? Lets see how funny they think he is in jail. Actions and consequences and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Just because something is wrong and distasteful does not mean it should be deemed to be a crime.
    That doesn't matter think of the emotional damage he caused those people! Someone said something bad to me once, i don't remember who it was or what they said but it must have been really bad because I think I may still bare the emotional scars maybe.