Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Bill Maher to God: Stand Aside for Obamacare 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    "Oh My GOD are these People Ignorant !!"

The way Bill Maher sees it, resistance to ObamaCare is all God's fault. Why? Because so many people believe in this "schmuck" who lives in the clouds...and this belief, in turn, intensifies opposition to ObamaCare.

This leftist social critic, anti-Christian crusader, and HBO comedy show host warned God at the end of last week to back off, to allow smart people like himself and Barack Obama and the New York Times editorial board to push the God-fearing "ignoramuses" aside this week and take control of the nation's health care.
    http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/...and_aside.html

Banned
    A couple Catholic groups have come out in support of the bill, surprisingly enough. I don't know how much or how little stature they have, but FWIW:

http://leisureguy.wordpress.com/2010...thcare-reform/
    http://www.chausa.org/WorkArea/linki...mID=2147484553
    http://ncronline.org/print/17396

Maher is one of the most ignorant examples of a liberal human being that I've seen in the media. I don't even understand what his claim to fame is. He's not even remotely funny to me, and I'm not a religious person, so it's not his constant tirade against religion that causes me to come to that conclusion.

The way that attitudes like his have come to represent the left side of politics, clearly exhibits the downfall and decimation of a once worthy party. Can they not see why the spoiled, pompous attitudes of him and others in his cabal, turn off average, middle class hardworking Americans?

I do not have any issue with his, or anyone else's decision to not believe in a God. It's the snarky, arrogant mocking of those who do, that alienates his kind from me. To come to a personal conclusion that God does not exist is one thing, but it shows a high level of conceit and willful ignorance to refuse to acknowledge the peace, the strength or the benefits that those who do believe, receive. Or the power of good that can come from that belief. His nescient attitude is no different than that of Marie Antoinette, who when told that peasants were angry because they had no bread, wondered aloud why they didn't just eat cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Lager View Post
    Maher is one of the most ignorant examples of a liberal human being that I've seen in the media. I don't even understand what his claim to fame is. He's not even remotely funny to me, and I'm not a religious person, so it's not his constant tirade against religion that causes me to come to that conclusion.

The way that attitudes like his have come to represent the left side of politics, clearly exhibits the downfall and decimation of a once worthy party. Can they not see why the spoiled, pompous attitudes of him and others in his cabal, turn off average, middle class hardworking Americans?

I do not have any issue with his, or anyone else's decision to not believe in a God. It's the snarky, arrogant mocking of those who do, that alienates his kind from me. To come to a personal conclusion that God does not exist is one thing, but it shows a high level of conceit and willful ignorance to refuse to acknowledge the peace, the strength or the benefits that those who do believe, receive. Or the power of good that can come from that belief. His nescient attitude is no different than that of Marie Antoinette, who when told that peasants were angry because they had no bread, wondered aloud why they didn't just eat cake.
    I have wondered if he suffers form some type of border line personality disorder. He viciously attacks any point of view that does not agree with his own. Often the intensity of the attack is no warranted by the object of his attack.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Banned
    I find hilarious the atheists who try so hard to mock a God they deny exists in the first place.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    I find hilarious the atheists who try so hard to mock a God they deny exists in the first place.
    Can you describe a concrete example of atheistic God mockery? I don't think I've ever seen it and I find myself drawing a complete blank when I try and picture it.

I certainly have seen many atheists mock religious people, religious beliefs, or religious mythology.. but none of those things are equivalent to "God", now are they?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    I certainly have seen many atheists mock religious people, religious beliefs, or religious mythology.. but none of those things are equivalent to "God", now are they?
    Aww! You guys and your semantics are just sooo cute!

I believe this is an example of an atheist mocking God.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re-8MeEBUJ8

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I believe this is an example of an atheist mocking God.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re-8MeEBUJ8

Bueller? Bueller?

wilbur? wilbur? :D

C. S. Lewis

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Bueller? Bueller?

wilbur? wilbur? :D
    I just don't even know what to say - if she doesn't actually hold it as true in her head, that God and Jesus are real, then she inst actually mocking them. She's mocking the people, who at awards shows, feel the need to thank their deities profusely when they win. To claim that she is mocking God, is to make unwarranted assertions about her internal mental life, which you cannot possibly know.

Not sure why this is so hard to grasp.