Thread: 233 years, 8 months, 18 days and its over

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40
  1. #1 233 years, 8 months, 18 days and its over 
    Senior Member zBoots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    378
    Thats how long the USA lasted: 233 years, 8 months, 18 days

    It is a new USA today. Truth be told, we've been heading towards socialism for 50 years, but today your body is officially owned by the US Tax Payer and that means the government owns you.

    I'm not just blaming Obama. Bush was leading the charge for bail outs.Lord knows before that there was a lot of socialist programs implemented before that...the great socialist FDR tipped the domino.

    In between socialist programs the protections of our right were degraded by Dems and Reps under the guise of one "war on this" "war on that".

    November's vote wont help either, Obama knew it all along. GOP will just jump on board. No one is unringing this bell. Fuck them all.

    Today, you cannot even pretend anymore. Today we are the Socialist States of America.

    Its a sad day.
    Last edited by zBoots; 03-21-2010 at 09:49 PM.

    "I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." -Barack Hussein Obama
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,139
    Quote Originally Posted by zBoots View Post
    Thats how long the USA lasted: 233 years, 8 months, 18 days

    It is a new USA today. Truth be told, we've been heading towards socialism for 50 years, but today your body is officially owned by the US Tax Payer and that means the government owns you.

    I'm not just blaming Obama. Bush was leading the charge for bail outs.Lord knows before that there was a lot of socialist programs implemented.

    Inbetween socialist programs the protections of our were degraded by Dems and Reps under the guise of one "war on this" "war on that".

    Today, you cannot even pretend anymore. Today we are the Socialist States of America.

    its a sad day.

    November's vote wont help either, Obama knew it all along. GOP will just jump on board. No one is unringing this bell. Fuck them all.
    We lost it when we let them take over the schools.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Ape Articulate_Ape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NJ, Exit Only
    Posts
    7,948
    Maybe. But this it's gonna get really nasty now.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." ~ Albert Einstein
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    It's all over people. Head for the hills. One day our grandchildren will look to us to understand how it came to this, and we will be dead. Welcome to the Socialist States of America.

    Time to run my car in my garage all night and take a nap.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    It's all over people. Head for the hills. One day our grandchildren will look to us to understand how it came to this, and we will be dead. Welcome to the Socialist States of America.

    Time to run my car in my garage all night and take a nap.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member FeebMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    We lost it when we let them take over the schools.
    You lost it when they decided the Constitution was a suicide pact.
    ... certain forms of ammunition have no legitimate sporting, recreational, or self-defense use and thus should be prohibited. Such action is long overdue.

    - Ronald Reagan
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,139
    Quote Originally Posted by FeebMaster View Post
    You lost it when they decided the Constitution was a suicide pact.
    You will have to give me a little more detail on that.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member FeebMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    You will have to give me a little more detail on that.
    The civil war. By deciding that no state can leave the union, this sort of thing basically became inevitable. It removed a state's final check on federal power. Before then, everyone and their brother cried that they were going to secede if they didn't get their way, and it generally worked.
    ... certain forms of ammunition have no legitimate sporting, recreational, or self-defense use and thus should be prohibited. Such action is long overdue.

    - Ronald Reagan
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,139
    Quote Originally Posted by FeebMaster View Post
    The civil war. By deciding that no state can leave the union, this sort of thing basically became inevitable. It removed a state's final check on federal power. Before then, everyone and their brother cried that they were going to secede if they didn't get their way, and it generally worked.
    Good point but we still had many good years after that.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southwest Michigan (in Exile)
    Posts
    8,757
    ah, but that still didn't nulify the 10th amendment, there is still hope, 38 states have lined up with Virgina and there are the lawsuits, plus Nov, it's not great hope, but still hope
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •