Thread: It's Monday

1. #1 It's Monday 
    Cool and wet, today.

TOTD: Pop Culture has given us some quotes that we heard every day for sometimes years. What are some of the first ones you remember?

The first I actually remember is probably, "Where's the Beef?" I remember my sister having a frisbee in the late 70's with "Keep on truckin'." printed on it.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

We'll be warm and sunny today before another round of snow/rain on Tuesday and Wednesday. It's impossible to dress comfortably in Colorado this time of year. If you dress for spring, it will snow 6 inches by the time you get off work. If you dress for winter, the temps will unexpectedly hit the 70s by noon.

TOTD: "My baloney has a first name....." :p

Maybe not a catch phrase but it's certainly stuck in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    We'll be warm and sunny today before another round of snow/rain on Tuesday and Wednesday. It's impossible to dress comfortably in Colorado this time of year. If you dress for spring, it will snow 6 inches by the time you get off work. If you dress for winter, the temps will unexpectedly hit the 70s by noon.

TOTD: "My baloney has a first name....." :p

Maybe not a catch phrase but it's certainly stuck in my head.
    You are my age!:eek: Poli is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    You are my age!:eek: Poli is right.
    What? Six? :p

You know they debuted that song in the 1970s, right? It was used on and off right through the 90s. :D

Power CUer
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Cool and a little damp today...

TOTD "I'd walk a mile for a camel." In today's world that could be considered erotic and suggestive by some cultures. :D

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Power CUer
    This may have been the origin of my sensitivity to bad grammar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISeGiZvPztc
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken