Thread: Bobby Jindal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Ann View Post
    He showed an amazing amount of political courage in vetoing a raise for legislators recently. It had been one of his campaign promises. The legislature voted themselves a raise, anyway, probably to test him, and he stood up to them, risking riling them up and jeopardizing their cooperation down the road.

Everything I have heard about him has been positive.
    I voted for Gov. Jindal and think he will do great things for the state of Louisiana.

Let me set the record straight on the pay raise. The Gov. agreed to the pay raise and in exchange the legislature would pass his reforms. The reforms were passed and the shit hit the fan when taxpayers found out that legislators would wind up doubling their salaries. Presently, legislators in this state have the second highest pay scale in the south. The Gov. said he would not sign the pay raise but after so many days it would become law. However, with the outpouring of discontent leading to recalls of him and several other legislators, he changed his mind and vetoed it. I am hoping that these Democratic politicians will not hold it against him. Another Repub.Gov., Buddy Roemer, tried to ramrod legislation down the throats of the Democ. controlled legislature over 20 years ago and it turned into nothing but chaos.

Now lacarnut, he cut off lots of their crooked money, they have to make up the difference somewhere!!!:D

Eyelids
    Jindal would be a tough candidate, but theres no way the ignorant Republican base will come out for him. Definitely qualified, but very unelectable.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Jindal would be a tough candidate, but theres no way the ignorant Republican base will come out for him. Definitely qualified, but very unelectable.
    You may well be right, but that .5% or so shouldn't make any big difference.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obamaís $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. Itís no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obamaís own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

I bet you can't walk and chew gum at the same time.

Bobby Jindal won the election with 54% of the vote in a 12 person race!! He is an immensely talented man and a fantastic campaigner. Believe me, he will go far. unlike you.

Banned
    In a head to head debate with Obama, Jindal would wipe the floor up with him. If Obama wins the Presidency, the next Prez will be Jindal in 2012.

Eyelids
    If you're speak megimoo you have to put spaces before the exclamashun points.

Yes, that was on purpose.

Banned
    Duplicate.....

Goldwater
    I like Jindal but the way he speaks is too mechanical, it kind of gives that Romney slick impression like it's all rehearsed, no one can talk casually anymore. A small gripe though.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    I like Jindal but the way he speaks is too mechanical, it kind of gives that Romney slick impression like it's all rehearsed, no one can talk casually anymore. A small gripe though.
    I get that impression also when he gives a prepared speech but off the cuff like in an interview, he comes across less mechanical. Lets face it, I don't see another Ronald Reagan anywhere.
    Last edited by lacarnut; 08-05-2008 at 12:09 AM.