View Poll Results: Who will win in November?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • McCain

29 78.38%
  • Obama

8 21.62%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Poll: Who does CU think will win in November? 
    Do you all think McCain or Obama will win?

Only death will keep McCain from the White House.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Only death will keep McCain from the White House.

Do you think the veep candidates will make any difference?

Goldwater
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Yes but they'd have to be pretty stupid or amazingly smart for them to change much.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Not unless its Dick Cheney and would I love to see that just for Chuckles and the massive eruptions from the left !

This poll is incomplete.

You left off:

The American Taxpayer
    Teh Jooooooooosssss
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    This poll is incomplete.

You left off:

The American Taxpayer
    Teh Jooooooooosssss
    I'm assuming the American taxpayer gets screwed either way, but maybe a little less with McCain. And your other answer, I have to say I just don't get the reference.

And your other answer, I have to say I just don't get the reference.
    Old inside CU joke.

PM Gingersnap for the details. :D
    Be Not Afraid.

I'm having a tough time calling this....or caring either way. I'm factoring race out of this, because as many morons will vote for Obama simply because he is black, I'm guessing that at least that many people will vote against him for the same reason.

On the one hand, I'm seeing lots of Obama bumper stickers, but that just shows that the Democrats are excited about their candidate where the Republicans are not.

On the other hand, Republican seats in Congress were lost in 2006, and I think they'll lose more in 2008. I think that 8 years of George Bush has pushed a lot of unaffiliated voters off the fence.

I do not want John McCain to be the next president. The only thing that would make voting for him worthwhile would be all the tears and tantrums from the Dems, but I learned in 2004 that the fun of that wears off in a week or two - then you have to live with the other guy.

I have to be honest - Obama is looking pretty good right now although I think that this drilling spat will hurt him. Part of me very much wants him to win. I think losing the White House and some more Congress seats might send a message to the GOP that we have had enough of this borrow-and-spend liberalism. There are thousands and thousands of unaffiliated voters in this country, and like it or not, the GOP needs us; their "party faithfuls" may not be able to cinch them the deal this time.

I call a tight race, no idea who the winner will be.
    Nothing helps a bad mood like spreading it around.

I voted for McCain. I don't like him and I don't believe he has the right policies for the things the average American is interested in: school choice, illegal immigration, small business, late term baby butchering, etc., but he's better than the opposition.

McCain is security conscious in some ways and he can add some good minds to the SC. That's it, really.

I think a number of people who claim to be Obama voters will vote their pocketbooks in the booth. It's so PC to support Obama that I believe some people are vocally just going along to get along. The exit polls may worthless. So much white guilt - so little left over for Global Poverty Taxes. ;)
    Last edited by Gingersnap; 08-05-2008 at 09:45 AM.