1. #1 Threats, obscenities hit Stupak office after vote 
    link

sabra Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    Original message
    Threats, obscenities hit Stupak office after vote Updated at 9:07 PM

Source: AP

DETROIT (AP)- An anti-abortion Michigan Democrat whose change of heart was crucial in U.S. House passage of health care legislation has been flooded with threatening and obscene messages.

Bart Stupak of Menominee is an ex-state trooper. He led a group demanding assurances the plan wouldn't fund abortions before supporting it.

On Wednesday, Stupak spokeswoman Michelle Begnoche gave The Associated Press what she says is a small sample of the phone and fax messages he's received.

One man's voice message says he hopes the congressman bleeds, gets cancer and dies. A woman tells Stupak "millions of people" wish him ill.

A fax shows a gallows with Stupak's name on it and says those it calls "baby killers come to unseemly ends either by the hand of man or ... God."

Read more: http://www.wzzm13.com/news/news_story.aspx?storyid=1198...
    LisaM Donating Member (1000+ posts)

Response to Original message
    2. Maybe this will show something to Bart Stupak

maybe he'll realize who the enemy really is.
    BP2 Donating Member (400 posts)
    5. There are plenty of us Pro-Choicers who don't have hugs and kisses for the idiot, either. eom
    HillbillyBob (1000+ posts)
    Response to Reply #5
    6. No, but we aren't calling his home or office making nasties

nt. We would like to see them primaried. Although I have not dog in the fight, Im gay, no kids ..we rescue dogs. I would rather see women able make up their own minds.
    The right whiners are the enemas (sic) of freedom.
    I have had enough exposure to them, they ain't my friends.
    And you know this HOW? More of that magical thinking, huh?

HERE'S A CANDIDATE OR TWO for all those threats.

link

trumad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Wed Mar-24-10 09:28 PM
    Original message
    Fuck the anti-choice POS Bart Stupak and his C-Street Gang!

Edited on Wed Mar-24-10 09:34 PM by trumad
    The other DU support for this POS makes me want to puke.

On edit: I'm talking from a purely ideological point of view. (ed note: Yea, Right!)
    DemoTex Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Wed Mar-24-10 09:30 PM
    1. What do they know that we don't know?

I agree with Trumad.
    tnlefty Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    4. I have no idea what you're posting about..

however, Stupak makes me ill. I REALLY don't like anti-woman folk.
    And there were many, many other threads like this on DU and probably on all the liberal sites on Sunday evening.

the hate never stops with these guys
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Oh, please.
    Can you imagine how many threats and obscene messages prominent Republicans/ conservatives got, especially in the Bush years?
    Even just look at the prominent individuals and churches that openly supported Prop 8. I have no doubt they were deluged with threats and obscene messages.

"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate and hate lead to the DUside..."
    -- Yoda W. Bush

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

They were playing some of the messages on the Channel 4 news this morning-I wouldn't call them specific threats, the messages were more wishes of ill fortune. They weren't very nice, but they weren't exactly threats, either. No one was saying "Watch out, we're armed and coming for you", which would have been a threat.

What about the rioting the DUmbos did outside of the RNC during election time in 2008?
    ...Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Megaguns91 View Post
    What about the rioting the DUmbos did outside of the RNC during election time in 2008?
    How about the death threats Jim Bunning got when he blocked the extension of unemployment? Seems as though they all forget that.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaguns91 View Post

The MSM was embarrassed by what happened there that they did not release any coverage of it. Where they were assembled was easily controlled and the police without breaking a sweat herded the protestors into a dead end street and kicked their asses. It was pretty funny actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    The MSM was embarrassed by what happened there that they did not release any coverage of it. Where they were assembled was easily controlled and the police without breaking a sweat herded the protestors into a dead end street and kicked their asses. It was pretty funny actually.
    Actually, from what I saw, the freaks at the RNC did do a good amount of damage. The Anarchist psychos terrorized and at times physically attacked women (Spitting on a delegate's mother), children (A bus full of Cub Scouts there to present the opening colors was swarmed around by the brave, noble Anarchists who banged on it and shook it back and forth, scaring the crap out of the kids inside), the elderly (A delegate in his 80s required medical attention after Anarchists threw bleach in his eyes, and they tried to attack other buses of delegates by dropping sandbags and bags of concrete off of overpasses onto the buses passing below), and conservative counterdemonstrators (I saw a picture from there of a group of them attacking a Republican counterdemonstrator, one holding his arms back while the other was in the act of kicking him in the stomach).

Though, that being said, the St. Paul police managed to do some good preemptive work on that event to make it a hell of a lot less dangerous than it could have been. They legally arrested a bunch of the leaders of the main Anarchist group some time before all Hell broke loose, confiscated a s^^tload of weapons from their various legal raids of the Anarchists' safehouses, and with the aid of a government informant, foiled a bombing plot that could have easily left several of them dead.
    If you want a real example of cops cracking down on the protestor freaks, look at the awesome job Denver's finest did at keeping Recreate 68 and the other Anarchist groups in line during the DNC.