Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Defective Thursday 
    Beautiful day here in north Florida. The sun is shinning and temps in the mid 70s...

TOTD: We all have behaviors we don't like about ourselves (except for Poli and wilbur :D). What do you consider you most unbecoming trait? It can be physical or behavioral. Keep in my this is about your defects not someone elses. Mine would be arrogance. It is what I struggle with the most to keep suppressed. I beat it down and it pops back up at unexpected times and places.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

The snow is melting and we'll get to the high 50s today! It should be even nicer tomorrow - just in time for our next system.

TOTD: I have a lot of defective traits and behaviors - it's kind of hard to pick just one. I have pretty much zero patience or empathy. I can successfully fake these traits in limited situations but they are as unnatural to me as being able to spout wings and fly off. I'm also lazy as the day is long. Left to my own devices, I'd sit around and read all day or go fishing. Luckily, some of my other bad traits like perfectionism and pride usually overcome my innate sloth.

Now that I think of it, any "good" traits that I have are all more or less unintentional byproducts of my various character defects. Thanks FlaGator! :p

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    The snow is melting and we'll get to the high 50s today! It should be even nicer tomorrow - just in time for our next system.

TOTD: I have a lot of defective traits and behaviors - it's kind of hard to pick just one. I have pretty much zero patience or empathy. I can successfully fake these traits in limited situations but they are as unnatural to me as being able to spout wings and fly off. I'm also lazy as the day is long. Left to my own devices, I'd sit around and read all day or go fishing. Luckily, some of my other bad traits like perfectionism and pride usually overcome my innate sloth.

Now that I think of it, any "good" traits that I have are all more or less unintentional byproducts of my various character defects. Thanks FlaGator! :p
    Happy to be of service!;)

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

I wish I had a better filter between my brain and my mouth. I also wish I was better at dealing with stupidity and ignorance. i have zero tolerance for dumb ass people.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Rainy today, but that's good for the patchwork I've done on my neighbor's lawn for the damage the propane company did when they pulled out our old tank. Got some good topsoil in, seeded and starter fertilizer down.

TOTD: Really a couple - just like my Dad. I tend to hold grudges - sometimes for a lifetime. I can't express myself externally as warmly as I really am on the inside.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

This is hard, how about I am to patient with liberals?

Power CUer
    Again, I line up with Ginger. Zero patience and empathy. "What's WRONG with you?" are often the first words out of my mouth. Always justified, of course.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Again, I line up with Ginger. Zero patience and empathy. "What's WRONG with you?" are often the first words out of my mouth. Always justified, of course.
    LOL! And after the vapid expression of surprise on the victim's face, "What the hell were you thinking? Oh, that's right - you weren't."

I am sooooo going to Hell.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Not to mention you're OCD over grammatical eras.;)
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

It's raining here again today. Pouring, in fact.

TOTD:

I am in firm belief that I have undiagnosed ADD. No hyperactivity involved but I absolutely CANNOT focus on one thing at a time. I always see things through to the end but sometimes my life would be so much simpler if I could just do one. thing. at. a. time.

That and I hate people with little justification. Yes, hate. I like to hate. Call me a hate monger.

I am who I am. :p
    ...Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem.