Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Cantor Says Campaign Office Was Shot At, Accuses Dems of Exploiting Threats 
    Are dems up to something? Cantor thinks so

Virginia Rep. Eric Cantor said Thursday that his Richmond campaign office has been shot at and that he's received "threatening e-mails" -- but at the same time the House minority whip accused top Democrats of trying to exploit the threats they've been receiving for "political gain."

Cantor said "a bullet was shot through the window" of his campaign office. The incident happened Monday, Fox News has learned, the latest in a rash of apparent threats and acts of intimidation against members of Congress. Most of the threats so far have been reported by Democrats, but Cantor -- the No. 2 Republican in the House -- is one of about 10 lawmakers who has asked for increased security protection, Fox News has learned.

In brief and pointed remarks, Cantor said he would not be releasing any information about the other threats he's received, as some lawmakers have done, out of concern that it would "encourage more to be sent."

And he admonished his colleagues -- specifically Rep. Chris Van Hollen, D-Md., and Democratic National Committee Chairman Tim Kaine -- for "dangerously fanning the flames by suggesting these incidents be used as a political weapon."
    Story is here

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Who wants to bet the libs will write this off and completely forget about it, all the while emphasizing that the GOP is a group of racist hate mongers that are all ready to tip over the edge and go postal on their fellow Americans?
    Last edited by Megaguns91; 03-25-2010 at 12:53 PM.
    ...Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Megaguns91 View Post
    Who wants to bet the libs will write this off and completely forget about it, all the while emphasizing that the GOP is a group of racist hate mongers that are all ready to tip over the edge and go postal on their fellow Americans?
    I'd give you 10 - 1 odds on that one.

BTW, anyone else notice that Barneys Frank has produced NO video of him being supposedly called a "fag"? And no video of Tea Partiers yelling the N word has been shown yet either. Yet MSLSD is still running those bloated stories. Me thinks Overbite's got a fly in the ointment. ;)
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    yep, when real violence and derogatory comments are made to Conservatives it's over looked but when imaginary comments are made to Libs they get all bent out of shape

Bullet was an accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Bullet was an accident.
    Sure it was. I heard the explanation yesterday. The bullet wasn't deliberately aimed at the window. It only 'grazed' it. Grazed? Explain that one to me.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

Bullet was an accident.
    The fact that there was a loaded gun pointed in the direction of the window. Was that an accident too?

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    The fact that there was a loaded gun pointed in the direction of the window. Was that an accident too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck58
    Sure it was. I heard the explanation yesterday. The bullet wasn't deliberately aimed at the window. It only 'grazed' it. Grazed? Explain that one to me.
    the police said the bullet was fired into the air, and hit the window at a downward trajectory. grazed on the way down, not pointed at the window.

the police said the bullet was fired into the air, and hit the window at a downward trajectory. grazed on the way down, not pointed at the window.

http://www.nbc12.com/Global/story.asp?S=12201242

The site has a pic of Cantor's office building. Sharply downward doesn't quite cut it. Without seeing a picture of the bullet hole, though, can't comment any further.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

Why were guns being fired in the first place?

C. S. Lewis