Thread: Guys: These Things Turn Women Off!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Guys: These Things Turn Women Off! 
    Guys: These Things Turn Women Off!

In Love & Sex by Meieli Sawyer Detoni
    on Friday, March 19, 2010, 8:00 AM

We're thinking.
    It all started with a list: one by The Frisky, in response to a story by Women's Day that described things women do to turn guys off. In retaliation, they made a list of six things that guys do to piss them off... and now we're adding to the list ourselves.

This isn't a hate list, but a suggestion list. If guys quit doing things like mocking our reality TV habit and ordering for us, we'd get along better. Without further ado, here are our additions to the list:

1. Naming body parts and/or never ditching a nickname. Read about Jennifer Love Hewitt's "Pear Ass" saga, and you can probably say that this is one of the reasons for breaking up with Jamie Kennedy. Don't continue repeating nicknames you think are cute, when it's obvious your other half hates it, guys!

2. Saying "you look tired." No woman wants to be reminded that she's looking less-than-hot, and maybe she isn't even feeling tired. She might just not be wearing makeup, or she's in bad lighting. Not flattering.

3. Acting like we're dolls. You have a master's degree. So do we. Let's get on with it and come to the conclusion that we'll never know if we're intellectually level if we don't try. If you work in a technical job, explain it properly. Don't act like it's way too complicated for even layman's terms.

4. Buying food that only you like, knowing we don't. Picky eaters are bad enough, but having a live-in boyfriend who only buys for himself is even worse. The blanket solution for this one would be to keep us in mind regularly.

Are there any things that guys (or gals) do to make you crazy? Any deal-breakers or date-ruiners?
    I added the "gals" part. ;)

Lime Life

I went on a dinner date once with some jacka** that tried to order my entree for me. I politely but firmly told him that if I can change my own oil I could handle ordering my own food. There was no second date.
    ...Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem.

4. Buying food that only you like, knowing we don't. Picky eaters are bad enough, but having a live-in boyfriend who only buys for himself is even worse. The blanket solution for this one would be to keep us in mind regularly.
    Oh, please. Every single woman on the planet does this. I'm personally incapable of even visualizing the part of the store that holds canned bean dip, cheese puffs, cookie dough ice cream, or frozen pizza rolls. The only reason Mr. Snaps even goes to the store with me is to practice defensive shopping. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    The only reason Mr. Snaps even goes to the store with me is to practice defensive shopping. :D
    :eek: against you or against other shoppers? :p
    ...Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Megaguns91 View Post
    :eek: against you or against other shoppers? :p
    Against me. I'm the 'enemy within'.

Banned
    One of the things that drove me crazy with Yvette was that if we went to a restaurant she would order only a salad or something light like that then eat off of my plate. "Can I have some of that."

For me it was always Bitchy women that are never happy.

You didnt' open the door for me.
    Can you pick that up for me?
    and the list goes on.

Then they say I'm a sexist because I Opened the friggin door or offered to pick up something that looked heavy.

BIG TURN OFF.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson

This isn't a "turn-off" (I'd be divorced) but I'm always astonished that men simply can't see things in front them. Dust, dog barf, that Seventh Day Adventist who collapsed in the foyer....they can't see it.

However, men can detect cleavage/hot wings from space.
    Last edited by Gingersnap; 03-25-2010 at 08:46 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Guy View Post
    For me it was always Bitchy women that are never happy.

BIG TURN OFF.
    Gouchy, bitchy, unhappy women does it for me.

Another TURN OFF............ woman that don't like John Wayne.:eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3AX4nw6JDg

:D
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson