Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 What the Hell is Wrong With You People! 
    Banned
    I have been on CU since 2003 or early 2004. In that time I have shown up late for the party to Battlestar Galactica and Lost and have had to catch up. BSG ended earlier this year and I was able to watch it to the end. Lost I watched the first episode of this season (which was the first time I saw a minute of it) I couldn't follow any of it so I have been watching episodes online from the beginning.

Both these series are miles above anything else that has been on TV lately. What is my gripe? Both these series were wildly popular and I missed them. It is obvious that alot of you folks on here watch them. Why weren't they discussed or recommended on here so other dufuses like me could enjoy them.

I would like to take this opportunity to recommend a very good series that just started a couple of weeks ago. Justified with Timothy Olyphant. Shootouts, hot women and asskickng. It is up there in grittiness and quality with The Shield.

Don't let me down again. If you're watching something really good, recommend it!

Huh?

T.V.?

The last show I followed was Dexter. And thats in between seasons right now. I also watch Supernatural, but I'm completely behind on the 5th season so I gotta wait for the DVD's.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Huh?

T.V.?

The last show I followed was Dexter. And thats in between seasons right now. I also watch Supernatural, but I'm completely behind on the 5th season so I gotta wait for the DVD's.
    Dude, I write for a living. I do 500-700 words a day on most days, do 1500-200 on really good days. Run with my dog. Workout. Work on some woodworking projects and I am done by about 4 in the afternoon. For years I worked until way past TV prime time. I have the full series DVDs of Battlestar Galactica, which I am awestruck by how good that show was. And I have been watching Lost online.

I like quality, well written shows like the two mentioned above. I watch 24 religiously but the quality has suffered. Other stuff I watch is like eating chips and dip. Good, but no redeeming social value at all. I watch stuff like Dog: The Bounty Hunter, Leverage, Caprica, Justified and Sons of Anarchy.

I recommend SHAMELESS. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shameless

Loads of laughs, great characters, interesting storylines, nice T&A :D
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Hey! I pimped BSG almost every week it was on. :mad::D

Lost was hyped by gator. :p
    May the FORCE be with you!

I don't watch prime time TV anymore.
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    I recommend SHAMELESS. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shameless

Loads of laughs, great characters, interesting storylines, nice T&A :D
    Shameless, how appropriate!:D

24 is the only tv show that's caught my interest in years. But this last season
    I believe the writers are just burned out and tired. It's losing my interest in it.

The only other show I watch occasionally is House.

The rest of the time I have music on or listen to Fox News in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Hey! I pimped BSG almost every week it was on. :mad::D
    Me too... after gator had turned me onto it. Rome, too.

Speedy, I agree w/ you about 24. I lost interest in it after season 6. You should give Rome a try ... I reckon you'd love it if you like good quality TV. It has everything ... sex, violence, and Polly Walker ...

... of whom you will see a lot more (as in more of her :D) on Rome than you will on Caprica.
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.

Banned
    I'm a big fan of Polly Walker. She is not the most gorgeous woman. She does not have the hottest body, but there is a smoldering sexual attraction to her that can't be matched. She is the type of woman that has other women pulling their men closer to them when she walks into a room.