Thread: Congressional Predictions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Congressional Predictions 
    http://www.electionprojection.com/index.php

Interesting site. They seemed to have just about nailed the 2008 election. They predicts modest gains for the GOP, weakening the Democratic hold, but not breaking the majority. What really caught my eye was their prediction that Reid is heading out the door.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Banned
    Repubs will take over the House. A 17 member pick up is ridiculous. 7 plus in the Senate is about right but it could go higher if the economy and the job picture worsens.

40 seats is a lot to pick up in 1 election. I'm optimisitic, but cautiously. I'm inclined to think that if we don't get a majority, we'll get enough to make the House a lame duck on major issues with the more moderate dems voting on our side. I highly doubt that we'll pick up enough seats to give us a clear majority like they have right now.

Edit: fixed number of seats needed to be picked up, again...
    Last edited by djones520; 03-28-2010 at 07:05 AM.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    41 seats is a lot to pick up in 1 election. I'm optimisitic, but cautiously. I'm inclined to think that if we don't get a majority, we'll get enough to make the House a lame duck on major issues with the more moderate dems voting on our side.
    I think the Repubs could pick up between 50-100 House seats. Last election the Democrats were energized. Not so this election cause if you are worried about losing your job, taxes going up and debt going thru the roof, your excitement about politics has been diminished greatly. That hope and change has turned off many voters that voted for these clowns in the past election. On the other hand, excitement about putting an ass whipping on RINO's and Democrats is pretty high with the voters.

Independents are the ones that determine elections. As it stands, they are leaning heavily Republican. I do not see this changing in the next 9 months because of high unemployment, low growth and high deficits.

I can tell you that they are wrong about Altmire (D) here in PA - not after his health care vote. Western PA dems are very pro life and Altimers district is trending republican.

But then - these are all early projections. Most states haven't had their primaries yet.
    Last edited by PoliCon; 03-28-2010 at 07:42 AM.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Banned
    It is going to be a blow out in 010. Can not wait to watch the botox bitch hand over the gavel to the new Repub majority leader.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    It is going to be a blow out in 010. Can not wait to watch the botox bitch hand over the gavel to the new Repub majority leader.
    I would love to see that. The day after the election is going to be a mad house in the DUmp. :D I'm sure she'll hold her seat, but Reid is going to get booted. It'll be a savory victory.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    They predict this?

Florida CD-8 undetermined Alan Grayson - inc Democrat Weak DEM Hold

Grayson will keep his seat?
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Oh that will be so sweet! I may have to take off work the day after the elections so I can stay home and savor all the fall out news. I so hope that we get a majority in the House so she'll have to publicly hand over that gavel. If we can just get rid of her and Harry we might survive the last 2 years of this whole obamination.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    Oh that will be so sweet! I may have to take off work the day after the elections so I can stay home and savor all the fall out news. I so hope that we get a majority in the House so she'll have to publicly hand over that gavel. If we can just get rid of her and Harry we might survive the last 2 years of this whole obamination.
    I would love to write the new speakers opening remarks. "We won, now, sit down and shut up along....this Congress is going to be just as transparent and open as the previous one". In other words, we legislate bills without your input or amendments. I am just dreaming cause that will not happen; they either have too much class/no backbone or just dumb.